• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
hi

im on duromine 30mg for a week now and only lost 0.8kg

very disappointed

my diet is as follows:
duromine pill at 6am
bfast- oats
snack- apple
lunch - curried sandwich or greek salad
supper- curry
snack- coffee with 2 biscuits

any tips will be appreciated.

as a mum with 2 sml kids its very difficult for me to go to gym after work so dnt exercise much except running after kids...

very disappointed with slow results

My names Nicole, im from NZ and im 130kgs, yes it is alot and i thought it was about time to carry on with the weight loss.. Ive done diets in the past and they have worked well but its hard keeping it off so im trying something new...
Well its my first day on duromine, took it at 5am this morning, i had a burst of energy around 10am so i took me dog for a walk at the park and i wasny even puffed.. only side effect i have is the dry mouth but i can Put up with that... Im soo excited to see what happens :)

hi nblair91

good luck with your weightloss...

walking sure helps speed up weightloss.

try to drink at least 2l water per day that will help with the dry mouth feeling.

take care and keep us updated

Shanlei said:
well i started my journey on sunday, I live in Perth too... Im experiencing everything you are. To combat the sleep thing I take Mersyndol (which u buy over the counter) take two and a good nights sleep. I have to get sleep as i work 70 hours a week :(. Today i had celery, strawberries and an apple for dinner, cant stomach much else on the 40mg. As for the toilet thing, I hear u there, I drink atleast 5 litres of water a day and it doesnt help, if u find something good to fix this let me know. As for burning up, well everyone at work knows what i am doing and are very supportive... they put the aircon up for me to help me. We even compare lunches now to see who has the healthiest. Its good to have a support base. Mind u my husband and kids had pizza for dinner tonight... grrrrrrrr ..... i felt like crying while i ate my stupid apple. Guess it will be worth it in the end. I know the side effects to ware off, ive been on duromine before and lost 38kg in 6 months so it does work so dont loose faith.

Shan

I've read that Senna Tea is very good for helping with constipation and just be careful how much water you consume. 5 litres sounds like a lot and you can actually overdose on water - just be careful there. Also, I read that if you take your meds at 4am it helps. I've not slept since Tuesday night...its now Saturday morning. Ima gunna give the 4am meds a try!!!! Keep up the excellent work - you'll get there :)

Day 2
I took the duromine around 6 this morning but today was way different to yesterday, i seem realy tired, not sure if its because i only had a half sandwhich... And i can feel my tummy rumble but its not out of hunger... Sooooo confused! Lol

Im not sure if i should be thrilled or sad... I looked down around my chest and noticed my skin looked extra wrinkly so i pinched a little bit of my skin and boy was ther alot of excess skin in my fingertips.... I feel like im losibg weight, i just wish it wasnt in that area lol... But a lose is certainly a good loss

Okay, so nearly three weeks down, and nearly four kilos lighter. Not as quick as some of the others I have seen on here, but I'm pretty happy with it regardless. The first week I had bad headaches, broken sleep, hot flushes, dry mouth, racing heart...basically the works. Now however, I have no symptoms, lol...even to the point I thought the tablets may have stopped working cos I lost no weight last week. However, we moved house last week and my eating wasn't the best. I decided to jump start this week by missing a day of the tablets and starting fresh, and so far it seems to have worked. I feel re-energised and focused again, so fingers crossed.

SW 75.9
CW 72.2

Wow day 12, seems like ive been on duromine for ages...
I finally weighed myself and im down to 128 kgs so thats 6 kgs down and 6cms lost from my tummy. So wrapped that it is working for me :)

I have lost a lot of energy within the past few days, not sure why.. But i do find that after i do excercise i have heaps of energy.. I drink heaps if water but i still have a very dry mouth but other then that i dont have any other aide effects... I think lol.

Hi everyone! Well its almost been a month on the 15mg duromine yay!! I havent been able to weigh myself due to my weight being above the weight limit on my scales but 1st weigh in i used the TF scales and that was a loss of 6kgs in 12 days.... I have been doing my measurements and i have lost 9cms from both my waist and bust, and thats an amazing thing for me.

Over the past week ive been feeling a bit down over a few life issues and my weight so i have snacked a lil which makes me feel more down, not sure if its got to do with the duromine cause im like this normally lol and i laugh alot around everyone so i know im not depressed.. I havent had as much energy as i use to, during the first week i would get random bunches of energy but now id be lucky not to have a day time nap like i use too...

I feel like my body is getting use to the 15mg so im thinking about asking my doctor next week if i can do the 30mg, do u think thats a good idea?? And would anyone know of the cost for 30mg in nz? Just so i know how much money to put away this week :)

Hi nblair91, it sounds like you're doing very well. Don't let life issues get you down, focus on how happy you're going to be when you reach your goal. I've been on Duromine for 5 days now and there has been times when I've desperately wanted a goodie, I've walked to the fridge and pantry, looked at the goodie, touched it and then told myself that I am never going to look great if I eat it. Will power has been winning so far, I think it's very much a mind over matter situation. Good Luck with your weight loss and keep laughing.

nblair91 said:
Hi everyone! Well its almost been a month on the 15mg duromine yay!! I havent been able to weigh myself due to my weight being above the weight limit on my scales but 1st weigh in i used the TF scales and that was a loss of 6kgs in 12 days.... I have been doing my measurements and i have lost 9cms from both my waist and bust, and thats an amazing thing for me.

Over the past week ive been feeling a bit down over a few life issues and my weight so i have snacked a lil which makes me feel more down, not sure if its got to do with the duromine cause im like this normally lol and i laugh alot around everyone so i know im not depressed.. I havent had as much energy as i use to, during the first week i would get random bunches of energy but now id be lucky not to have a day time nap like i use too...

I feel like my body is getting use to the 15mg so im thinking about asking my doctor next week if i can do the 30mg, do u think thats a good idea?? And would anyone know of the cost for 30mg in nz? Just so i know how much money to put away this week :)

Nblair I started duromine 3 days ago, would you mind if I replied to this post with my daily blog too? maybe we can both get something out of it?!? let me know. anyway...

My name is Ali and I am Irish living in OZ. I have tried weight watchers since I was 14 and even though 'tried' every other diet going it would seem, I steadily put on weight. always been the biggest in my group of friends and after meeting my boyfriend at work and being together for over 2 years I am realising how much weight I have put on since then. He would never say anything about my weight (Good or Bad) but when i did go to a personal trainer for 5 months and ate really healthily i didnt feel i was losing enough and I gradually stopped going. it was only after another couple of months that he said, 'what happened to your diet, you had lost so much weight and your jeans were hanging off you?' WTF I nearly cried. i am very much a person who needs praise when i am doing well and when at the gym need someone to make me not stop!

I work away 14 days and home for 7 days. our office has a kitchen and if i get off topic or bored then i automatically think of when/what i can eat something. because i kept drifting off healthy eating i started Diet Factory. pretty much like lite n easy where all your meals are packaged for you. I am on 1200 calories a day. it is sooooo much easier than doing it by yourself. I dont buy any other food so i cant cheat unless we go out for a meal (limit that to once or twice a month at work). I lost around 6kg in a couple of months but it didnt feel any different in my clothes which was really disheartening.

Soooo. I went to the doctor and got Metermine (cheap version). I have been on it now for 3 days.
Weighed by the Doctor at 91.4 KG. got back to my own scales which i will use from now on and was 89.7kg to that is my starting weight.

Day 1. getting tingly feelings in my neck at times, must be faster blood flow or something. bit strange but then they go away. felt less tired at work (in the office most of that day). but not enough to do any exercise. took ages to get off to sleep and then woke up at about 4.30am before my alarm which is not normal at work.

Day 2. feeling more alert and awake and got lots completed at work.. was on a roll. did think about food a lot but still only ate my set meals. couldnt get to sleep until 1.30 am even though i went to bed at 11. tossed and turned for ages, my mind going a million miles an hour.

Day 3. Again woke up before my alarm but not tired at all. starting to feel like the tiredness will just hit me in the next day or two without warning. work put on a bbq lunch today. i just limited myself to a sausage sandwich and a piece of steak. didnt think of food until my 'normal' dinner time. wasnt hungry but ate at the same time anyway.
I think we have to watch what we eat both ways.. not to overeat as we cant tell when we are 'full' or satisfied. but also not to starve your body inadvertantly by not feeling anything and therefore forgetting to eat enough. the way the doctor explains is that its mainly affecting your mind by tricking it. your stomach will still react in the same way. store fat if you dont eat enough, and then again store fat if you eat too much.

because I know using the diet factory meals is restrictive in my calories and i stick to it nearly all the time.. i really do not feel guilty when i went for a chinese the other week or had a bottle of coke at work. i actually feel like i can justify it. i dont do it often so it makes me feel so im not deprived or missing out. makes you enjoy the treat all the more!

going to a zumba class with a friend tomorrow so hopefully the energy levels increase for that which i think it will!

dry mouth is there but nothing i cant manage by having a bottle of water at my desk and next to my bed. trying to make sure to drink 2l at least a day. havent noticed any sex drive differences but i havent seen my boyfriend since i started them.

Anyway i have written loads but thats just because it is my first post. again if you would prefer me to get my own page just let me know.

hope your day was good!

Ali x

Hey everyone..
Okay this is the first time doing anything like this, so I'm kinda nervous, reading everybody's experiences though has eased my mind a bit.
Today is my 1st day on Duromine and so far its been like everyone else has pretty much said:
Minor headache and a dry mouth, I guess I'll find out about Insomnia tonight.
Like everyone I have quite a bit to lose I'm the biggest I've ever been, my weights always been up and down however I'm really keen to take it off, keep it off and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I have at least 30+ kgs to lose so have a bit of a way to go.
I've done everything tried everything, I remember trying Atkins about 10 years ago and got down to a size 10, but I couldnt resist the carbs and piled it back on and then some, so fingers crossed for my journey

Weight: 113kgs
Height: 171 cm

So I'm on Day 2...
Yesterday wasnt too bad, I did go to sleep quite late, and wake up kinda early this morning, but thats no difference than usual.
I'm trying to well not force myself to eat, but just remind myself,

BREAKFASTPorridge
2 Slices of Wholemeal toast
Coffee (1 sugar)

LUNCH was really just an Apple

DINNER
I has a small portion of Lasagna (without the pasta lol)
I'd usually have a big bowl and go back for seconds, I don't feel hungry and I can't believe I havent touched the biscuits in my cupboard (my weakness choc bikkies)

I didnt really drink water, so today I'll make more of an effort to do the water thing.

Breakfast this morning was:
Scrambled Eggs (x2 with normal milk)
2 Slices of Toast
Coffee

My mouth is a little dry, but no headache today, thats a plus.
I'm looking forward to my weigh in, I already feel like my clothes are a little loose, I'm not sure if thats just me, or its for real, but I guess I will see.

Hi Guys

I am so grateful for this forum, its a great way to motivate one another.
I started taking duramine today, my doc has started me off on 30mg. After browsing the forum over the wkend i decided to follow the advice of waking up a little earlier to take my tablet. No negative side effects so far, just VERY thirsty!
Really excited to see if the tablets work for me I have quite a bit to lose. I am currently 97kgs and 1.76m tall.
Will keep you updated! :)

Hey People...
Day 3 and I'm going good, well I feel I am, I can't believe I passed up Chocolate yesterday, but I'm on a mission, and I didnt even crave for it, Usually (not every night) but most nights I'd have a hot drink and down half a packet of Chocolate Bikkies, I havent done that either.

I'm still making sure I eat though, just smaller portions and I've cut out snacking
which is kinda hard working in a Contact Centre.
I'm not getting bloated anymore and I do have a bit of energy.

The side effects are still there but not as much, I still have a bit of a dry mouth, and last night before bed the Headache came back, I'm wondering if thats due to lack of sleep??
I didnt get to sleep until after 1am and woke up around 5:30am this morning, the good thing about that was I was on-time for work, the down side, I feel a bit tired mixed with being wired, if you can imagine that.

I have weighed myself, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but I'm a bit excited all at the same time.

Hope everyone else is going fine with their journey.
Oh I've started the water thing yesterday, I was told by a friend too much water flushes it out so be careful, but I've read on here WATER WATER WATER...So I'm a tad confused, anyone have any thoughts on that??

I mean "I havent" weighed myself yet.
I'd edit it but don't know how lol

Day 4
Still have a dry mouth, no headache last night (BONUS!!)
I think my clothes are a tad loose, admitingly I had Pizza for dinner last night, however it wasnt as much as I would eat, I had 1 slice instead of my usual 3 :) So I'm looking at that as a positive, I don't want to deprive myself, and just be ready for when I do actually come off Duro.

Okay, just to let you all know, I couldnt help myself and jumped on the scales about an hour ago.
I'm down 2kgs!!!!!
ITS STARTING GUYS!!! The weight is coming off, I honestly can't believe it.
2kgs in 4days..No I'm not being silly I am eating, I'm just not junk food bingeing (is that how you spell that?)
And I am going to try more walking, because to be honest, I've only really gone for 1 30min walk.

So I'm now sitting at:
111kgs >>>Whoop Whoop!!!!;)

Thats great Cori-Lee, 2kg in 4 days!
I havnt weighed myself yet either. Started at 75kg 6 days ago...Dont feel any different, cloths dont feel different. Worried i have lost nothing :(
Been eating less and much healthier, though i did have some chocolate last night...
Well, keep up the good work!