• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hello Rose! Been away from the forum for a while and it’s just now that I noticed your wonderful thread and the beginning of your journey, and I am here to welcome you to the forum and wish you a successful journey! Looks like everything is going pretty well, and the first-week result is fantastic. Congrats! Love the rules that you have set for yourself. I am sure your weight loss progress will benefit a lot if you keep observing them on a daily basis. Looking forward to your further updates!

Thursday
End of week 2

Stats:
starting weight: 85.5kg
weight: 84kg
height: 165cm
goal: 74kg

Total losses
Week 1: 1.7kg (overall 1.7kg)
Week 2: plus 0.2kg (overall 1.5kg)

Okay its diary time! Well where do i start? I have been eating a little more this week, around the 1500 calories,went to the gym 3 times (1hour classes) and have been doing around 6,000 steps per day. But the first 2 days of this week i ate 2000calories Thats when i stayed at my sisters house and there was alot of chips and homemade hotcross buns, and no food routine. I didn't over eat, but i didnt cut calories either. I saw the scale fluctuate between 83.5- 84.5kg. I really thought i would have settled at 83.5kg. Its kind of disappointing. Im thinking this coming week im going to have to be more strict, or maybe its an evening out since i lost a good amount last week. This is usually where i start to get annoyed, and start remembering all the weeks i have dieted and it feels like iv been at this too long and i just cant take one more day!!.... i have been on the weightloss journey for over a year and it took me that long to get from 94.5kg-85.5kg without the duro.....

I am going to be looking at it like this is my opportunity, i have that little boost (the duro), i will get through this, i still need my strength, but at least i have help right now, i need to make the most of this. This week im going to get back on the horse and do it a little stricter at 1200 cal.

Oh yeah dieting is not easy, and its times like these that really test you. I hope i will pass this road bump.

xoxo Good luck you all, aiming for that slimmer life, i get it.

See you next week for more updates & some weight loss, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: April
Hi

I am starting my duromine journey tomorrow I was actually prescirbed it Nov but had a bout of Deperssion and didn't take it as it was not the right time. Now I am ready to start again.

I have always been big and in 2012 had a massive weight loss but after over 6 years put it all back on. I am an adventurous person and currently my weight is restricting what i want to do.

My sister is getting married in 10 and months when I put on the bridesmaid dress I was horrified.

I am not expecting a miracle but if this can restart my weight loss journey then that is all i need. I have 15mg as my Dr is not a huge fan of the drug. We will see how we go. I just want to be fit and healthy again.

Reactions: April and mumof06
Also worried about right time to take it as I am a night worker and want to be able to sleep in day. Advice?

I'm not sure in regards to night working, but maybe take it when you first wake up for your shift? and see how you go? I take it usually when I get up first thing in the morning at around 5.30am for myself!

Good luck for your journey! Make sure to post updates!

Reactions: TeeDee67 and April
I agree with babbles. Adjust Duromine intake to your daily schedule. It's definitely not a good idea to risk having no sleep during the day. Working nights shifts is already stressful for the body.

By the way, how long have you been working at night?

Yeah I try to take it as soon as I get up. Seems to work.

Going pretty well. Had the shakes and a headache and racing heart first few days but that has calmed down.

Today I had a bit of a cheat day as I had a wine tour and pizza lunch. Already feel bloated. Will be weighing on Monday.

I have been working nights for well over a year now.

Woohoo!!! Great result! Congratulations
Bring on week two!

Hi! That’s the spirit! Smash it next week! Show this food and this weight who’s the boss here! Stay strong!

Hi there,
I took my first 30mg this morning at 6am - so far so good, I feel a bit jittery but that’s it. I’ve been trying to lose weight for 10 years since I had my second child. I had been slim my whole life up until then & for some unbeknown reason I’ve gone from 68kg to 92kg and that’s been with eating well. I’ve had every test you could imagine, discovered I had pcos/endometriosis & recently had my left ovary removed. Dr prescribed duromine & hopefully I will finally get some results & get my life back.
Good luck all
Emma

Emma 78 said:
Hi there,
I took my first 30mg this morning at 6am - so far so good, I feel a bit jittery but that’s it. I’ve been trying to lose weight for 10 years since I had my second child. I had been slim my whole life up until then & for some unbeknown reason I’ve gone from 68kg to 92kg and that’s been with eating well. I’ve had every test you could imagine, discovered I had pcos/endometriosis & recently had my left ovary removed. Dr prescribed duromine & hopefully I will finally get some results & get my life back.
Good luck all
Emma
Hi Emma, wondering if we can be buddies and encourage each other especially since our stats and goals are almost identical, I am also 92kgs and my goal weight is also 68 , I am the heaviest I have ever been and am so depressed about it, 6 years ago I managed to get down to 64kgs through exercise and diet but I’ve had to have 2 knee reconstructions from sports injury and I have been terrible with my eating and now I feel disgusting, I did start Duromine for 11 days about 4 months ago, I lost 6kgs in those 11 days but they made me so angry it freaked me out as I’m not an angry person at all, but I’m feeling desperate so I’m going to try them again starting tomorrow, I would love a buddy to help encourage each other along :)

Shep96 said:
Hi Emma, wondering if we can be buddies and encourage each other especially since our stats and goals are almost identical, I am also 92kgs and my goal weight is also 68 , I am the heaviest I have ever been and am so depressed about it, 6 years ago I managed to get down to 64kgs through exercise and diet but I’ve had to have 2 knee reconstructions from sports injury and I have been terrible with my eating and now I feel disgusting, I did start Duromine for 11 days about 4 months ago, I lost 6kgs in those 11 days but they made me so angry it freaked me out as I’m not an angry person at all, but I’m feeling desperate so I’m going to try them again starting tomorrow, I would love a buddy to help encourage each other along :)

Hi Shep96,
Having a buddy sounds like a great idea , I’ve just taken my second tablet & im feeling a bit anxious. I made the mistake of reading some of the scary posts regarding side effects & I’m trying to keep my mind positive. I’m so desperate to lose this weight & get my life back. I can read relate to feeling depressed about the weight gain - it’s awful not seeing yourself when you look in a mirror. Good luck with taking your first pill, I take mine at 6am & I managed to sleep last night only woke up a few times but went straight back to sleep which was good.
Speak soon Emma

Hi Emma, I was so excited to hear back from you, I totally understand your fears I’m exactly the same, some reviews are scary but then I think well there are plenty of people who have done It successfully, I worry as I have suffered depression and anxiety in the past so I have a history and I don’t ever want to go back to feeling that way :( I took my first tablet this morning at 5am lol I then went back to sleep I have a cold so I already feel crappy so it’s hard to tell, I just have a slight headache and am feeling a little flat but that’s probably just the cold, it’s so weird my hunger has been out of control and today I ate toast for breakfast and I had to get a pink slip on my car so they told me to come back in half an hour, as I had no where to go I went and sat in McDonald’s I ordered a small hot chocolate as I felt rude sitting in there and not ordering anything but I had one sip and threw it out on my way out, normally I would have a large one and a banana bread to go with it lol so the tablet has killed my hunger already which is awesome, I just hope I don’t get angry on them like I did last time, it scared me as I am not an angry person at all, I always tell my kids to be lovers not haters but last time one of my kids teachers annoyed me and I dead set wanted to punch them out, which terrified me as that’s not who I am at all, fingers crossed it won’t happen this time, I have my nieces wedding in 6 months and I really want to lose weight and feel better about myself! It’s good you slept well, I remember the 11 days I took it last time it didn’t interfere with my sleep much I just always made sure I took it super early, I do remember I had trouble with constipation though so I’m going to take a supplement this time to prevent it hopefully, I weighed myself this morning and I was 91.95 kgs here’s hoping I can lose the weight and get to my goal weight. I also feel as though I’ve been a bad example to my kids so I really want to change my whole lifestyle :):) I have had issues with my thyroid so I’m hoping taking Duromine won’t affect that , I am only on the 15mg capsules and I have to see my doctor in 3 weeks , good luck and stay in touch :)

Shep96 said:
Hi Emma, I was so excited to hear back from you, I totally understand your fears I’m exactly the same, some reviews are scary but then I think well there are plenty of people who have done It successfully, I worry as I have suffered depression and anxiety in the past so I have a history and I don’t ever want to go back to feeling that way :( I took my first tablet this morning at 5am lol I then went back to sleep I have a cold so I already feel crappy so it’s hard to tell, I just have a slight headache and am feeling a little flat but that’s probably just the cold, it’s so weird my hunger has been out of control and today I ate toast for breakfast and I had to get a pink slip on my car so they told me to come back in half an hour, as I had no where to go I went and sat in McDonald’s I ordered a small hot chocolate as I felt rude sitting in there and not ordering anything but I had one sip and threw it out on my way out, normally I would have a large one and a banana bread to go with it lol so the tablet has killed my hunger already which is awesome, I just hope I don’t get angry on them like I did last time, it scared me as I am not an angry person at all, I always tell my kids to be lovers not haters but last time one of my kids teachers annoyed me and I dead set wanted to punch them out, which terrified me as that’s not who I am at all, fingers crossed it won’t happen this time, I have my nieces wedding in 6 months and I really want to lose weight and feel better about myself! It’s good you slept well, I remember the 11 days I took it last time it didn’t interfere with my sleep much I just always made sure I took it super early, I do remember I had trouble with constipation though so I’m going to take a supplement this time to prevent it hopefully, I weighed myself this morning and I was 91.95 kgs here’s hoping I can lose the weight and get to my goal weight. I also feel as though I’ve been a bad example to my kids so I really want to change my whole lifestyle :):) I have had issues with my thyroid so I’m hoping taking Duromine won’t affect that , I am only on the 15mg capsules and I have to see my doctor in 3 weeks , good luck and stay in touch :)
Omg I can so relate to what you’re saying shep96 - I’ve suffered on & off with anxiety for the last five years after developing multiple pulmonary embolisms after a surgery, I honestly wouldn’t wish the affliction of anxiety on anyone . I have felt pretty normal today which has been a nice surprise. I had a few jitters first thing this morning & then by 10am I felt fine, which was good as I was at work . We just need to stay focused on the end result - I have visions of myself running around on the beach with my two girls & not feeling embarrassed by the way I look for once lol. I’m sick of being the fat mum at school , I’m not going to weigh myself until day 7 if I can hold out. Really hoping for a good result, Hope you’ve had a good day - speak soon x

I’m so glad you had a good day:) I could barely stay awake this afternoon and even went and had a sleep at 4pm for an hour and a half lol but I think having a cold is not helping my cause, I’m hoping I will feel better tomorrow as I have to work, I always feel like the over weight mum too, it’s an awful feeling, I was always fit and sporty and slim and now I just disgust myself :( webcam do this I know we can, we will be the skinny mums soon :):) I have 4 kids that keep me busy but I want to start setting a good example to them, my 16 year old is really over weight and I blame myself, she suffers bad anxiety and is an emotional eater, I want to start at the gym and get her to come too, I’ll check in and see how you are going tomorrow:)

How was your day today Emma, mine started off well but by lunch I was miserable with my cold and then ended up with a massive migraine :( came home after work and went to bed, I’m hoping for a better day tomorrow, on the bright side my appetite has been non existent but I did still make myself eat, how was your day how are you feeling :)

Shep96 said:
How was your day today Emma, mine started off well but by lunch I was miserable with my cold and then ended up with a massive migraine :( came home after work and went to bed, I’m hoping for a better day tomorrow, on the bright side my appetite has been non existent but I did still make myself eat, how was your day how are you feeling :)
Oh poor you, I hope you’re feeling better. I’ve been ridiculously busy at work so that has been good for keeping my mind busy. Although yesterday & today I’ve been craving something sweet which is unlike me - I’ve also been sleeping really well which I didn’t expect after reading reviews . I hope it’s working

That’s great you have been sleeping well, I did the last time I went in them but I haven’t this time :( probably because I’m sick with a damn cold on the upside my appetite is none existent so that’s a bonus as I usually crave sweet things all the time, the first time I went on it, I remember the longer I was on it the more it decreased my appetite so hopefully your cravings will disappear soon, I’ve had really bad headaches which has been the worst part, I got them last time too but they went after the first week , so fingers crossed, on the upside I’ve been a ball of energy in the mornings :):)

Hi Emma, sorry I haven’t messaged, I got sick with a bad cold so I stopped taking the Duromine as I felt like crap, I’ve started again this week and was happy to be 89.25kgs this morning, under 90 woohoo , how are you going