• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine and Other Side Effects

Food intake for today:
Breakfast: 1 piece of toast with peanut butter. 1 banana, 4 strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: Ham, cheese and carrot sandwich
Dinner: Chicken schnitzel, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, corn and gravy.
Dessert: 1 oat bar
Exercise: 80 minutes treadmill

Last edited:
TheOriginalBeauty said:
Around 2pm i am physically crashing. I am exhausted and beyond tired. My exercise is walking, I walk about about 70 minutes every day. This was my food intake yesterday in the attached file. Any ideas? Because I am over this. Today is day 6 on duromine. It is not dehydration, I drink over 2 litres a day.
Try eating all your fruit before noon, then salad and protein for lunch. Little handful of raw nuts early afternoon.

Reactions: Dee2017
Hi everyone

I am new to this product, my doctor prescribed it for me because I'm really battling to loose weight. I have had my thyroid tested, insulin and something else I can't remember and it all came back normal.

I am 29, 156cm and weigh 86kgs , I have always weighed around 60kg even after my kids were born, I started to gain this weight after I got sterilized and it just spiraled out of control. I have tried every diet on the market but the weight just won't come off. So here I am on a S5 pill with side effects to get my body back to what it once was.

I cannot tell you I am the most disciplined person when it comes to healthy eating and alcohol consumption because I'm not, I love the odd meal out and drinks over the weekend. I know I cannot drink alcohol on duromine so for the next 3 months I will be drinking water, no more wine for this momma lol.

I have done so much research regarding this pill and I have decided to take it and see how my body reacts because everyone is different.

I would love to get to know everyone here and become motivation buddies.

Ps I just wanted to also ask, I saw on the package insert that the pill can affect driving ability can anyone please specify how? I have 3 kids in school so I am constantly up and down, extra murals, sports, chess, extra lessons etc etc. I do not want to put my family at risk when driving

Xxx
Mom2three

Hi Mom2three! First of all, I welcome you to this forum and wish you to have no side effects! I will immediately jump to your question about driving. Duromine can cause dizziness and drowsiness at times. The thing about no driving is that before you get behind the wheel, you should use Duromine a couple of days to check how your body responds to it. That’s the main idea. So no taking the pill before you get behind the wheel right now. May be wait for the weekend or a day when you don’t have to drive anywhere. To make sure you all guys are safe and sound.

I love your attitude towards the coming three months and I hope you will keep your motivation and achieve a huge success!!! Best of luck to you!

Thank you, I have already taken the tablet so I will send my husband to collect my little ones for the rest of the week.

So I am going to post here daily, just for my self and I like to write things down.

Day 1

I took the pill around 7am and had high fiber bran and whey, I was not hungry for the rest of the day, I drank a meal replacement shake at lunch because I just couldn't face food at all. For dinner I had a 125g white fish and salad no dressing. I became obsessed with my coffee for some reason.

I battled to sleep last night, I already suffer from insomnia and the doctor advised me not to drink my sleeping tablets while on duromine so I'm in a pickle there. Hoping sleep will balance out quickly.

I am experiencing no major side effects so far with the tablets only thirst, hope it will stay this way on my 3 month journey.

Day 2

Hope I will be able to edit this tomorrow so I can add on the rest of my day.

I took my D at 6am, got my kids ready for school, I needed to be at school today to assist with the fund raising event and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly I had such high energy wish I was still there helping out lol.

Breakfast was the same as usual whey and high fiber bran (I use bran to keep myself regular tmi)

Still not feeling any kind of hunger but will have a snack at 11am.

My stats are

Current weight: 87.1 (I did weigh myself late afternoon after about 4l of water, I was that thirsty)

Goal weight while on duromine: 75kg (still overweight but I need to be realistic)

Ultimate goal weight 55- 60kg

Height 163cm
BMI 32 (oh my soul that was a shocker, 29 and classified as obese)

Measurements
Arm: 34cm
Bust: 95cm
Waist: 104cm
Hip: 113cm
Thigh: 67cm

I am horrified at how I look naked and I am really hoping duromine will help my self confidence.

Till tomorrow
Mom2three

Hi! That’s so great you decided on daily updates! And I can say that you had healthy meals on day 1 (let’s pretend that shake is a meal). And now…. Find a couple of minutes and count the calories you ate. There are many calculators on the Internet that can help you with that. a great thing would also be if you counted the fats, proteins and carbs you had yesterday. I believe non of these will be even close to normal values. And what happens, if we deprive our body of calories and essential substances? That’s right, our metabolism slows down, and while such restrictions can help you drop a couple of kilos (mainly water usually), they can totally mess up your weight loss.

Next time, make that salad with a simple dressing, like olive oil +lemon or mustard+ some pepper (red is great, or use the one you prefer)+ a little bit of salt (if you keep eating untasteful dishes, you’re 95% to cave in something really unhealthy very soon) + some seeds or nuts.

Duromine does suppress your hunger and cravings, yet it doesn’t mean you should stop eating, ok? You want the result to last after you finish Duromine, as well. So start developing healthy eating regime.

What about exercising? Any plans?

I am using the elliptical 30 mins a day, trying for longer but my muscles just give in, I am going to take my treadmill out of storage and walk as much as possible.

Definitely going to start counting calories and stick to 1200 calorie intake. I use an app on iOS called lose it which counts everything I eat, yesterday I know I under ate but nothing was appealing to me, feeling a lot better today about food. I had a protein bar now as a snack, will make a tuna (no mayo can't stand it) on provitas (don't know if you have it in Aus but it's whole wheat crackers)

Thanking you for your responses I am a weird person and need constant motivation, I have 3 children at home and a husband that don't really care much about my dieting needs

Reactions: Andi4today
Oh, 30 minutes on elliptical is very good for start. Really, well done. Treadmill also sounds nice. However, if you have a possibility to walk outside, do it. More oxygen, daylight, positive emotions from nice sceneries also improve weight loss process. Besides, I know that many people (me too) needed to walk quite a bit before going to bed, just to improve sleeping pattern and spend the remaining energy.

I would also advise you trying short HIIT. There are plenty of those on youtube. 5 or 7 minute workouts that aim various groups of muscles. You can alternate them every day, or there is a cool thing named Tabata – my personal favorite. Kicks you’re a.. off, but works fantastic! If you prefer dancing, check out Zumba. The main thing is to stick to the plan. =) you can do it! Don’t mind your family not caring for your dieting needs or weight loss at all. You are a woman and you are doing this for yourself, for your health, confidence, happiness and to be proud of yourself! And you want to look at yourself in the mirror and smile, because you like what you see. Take the first week a bit easier on yourself and build the stamina on the elliptical and treadmill, and the next week we’ll try to make up a more intensive plan for you together. Now get up and give me 20 squats with 10 lunges! =)

Reactions: Mom2three
Oh my soul 20 squats I can barely do 5 :eek:

If South Africa wasn't so crime riddled I would love to walk outside but unfortunately I am too scared to walk out my gate:(. When I fetch my kids I park on the opposite side of the school and walk to collect my kiddos (much to their dissatisfaction) I play outside often with my dog running, ball throwing and tug of war with a rope, he's a big dog Great Dane 85kgs big, so tug of war is quite a good work out for my arms.

Reactions: April
Heeeey, make 5 squats, rest, make 5 lunges for each leg, rest, and repeat from the start. You should start, no time to waist. Just three months and great goals to reach. =))

And the reason I’m writing again is I remembered a very nice young woman who also lives in South Africa and started her Duromine journey not so long ago. She has 2 blog entries: 1. Hashimoto's Disease 2. Weight loss Update .

And there is another young woman, who deserves respect and can be a real inspiration. Her name is Dee and here is her thread I must do this! . You might read it when you have time and see she also started slowly and kept moving, even though she did hit a couple of plateaus for several days. Hope this also helps you get a good motivation.

PS. Sorry about your “outdoor situation” and it’s definitely great you have a treadmill at home. =))

Last edited:
Day 2 continued

For lunch I ended up have a carrot, apple and 2 provitas, skipped the tuna. Dinner was a small portion of lean mince, carrots and some sauce (nothing exciting lol) but after my meal I felt awful, like I over ate but I had
half a cup full.

Day 3

Must say I slept perfectly last night which is very unusual for me in general so that's a bonus, I woke up full of energy at 5:30am also very unusual for me (I used to battle getting up in the mornings but then again I never slept without taking sleeping tablets) I can feel how rejuvenated my body is after a proper nights sleep.

Took my D at 5:30am same breakfast as every other day.

My side effects seem to be subsiding, my mouth isn't so dry and sleep is a lot better.

Today's agenda is much the same as every other day just incorporating more exercise in my daily life and healthier eating.

I'm so full of energy now so it's a good day to go shopping ;)

I am concerned about the weekends, how do you all cope?

My kids have a chess tournament this weekend which is so long and boring :cool: and food wise they only sell crap, do you suggest I pack myself a little snack box for the day?

Till tomorrow
Xxx

Another question quickly

How do you stay away from the scale for 7days? I think my scale is torturing me slowly I just want to get on it and see a result but if I don't see the result I want to see I will be so disappointed. So I'm trying to stay away from it. My weigh in is on Tuesday, holding thumbs that I see a good result.

Another question haha :laughing:

How often do you do measurements?

Xxx
Till my next update/question

Hello all! I'm Brayon Jackson new member of this forum joined just now. I'm health adviser for 3-4 years. and I think this forum will help me a lot to know more about health related tips.

Hello there! Goodness, your message gave me such a huge smile, as if it was me, who finally got a sound sleep after a long period of insomnia. I am so happy you feel so energized and ready to rock it! =)) And this is exactly when I would suggest exercising. I have to warn you about this energy you have. 1. Not all people are lucky to feel it from Duromine. 2. There does exist a tendency to declining, so you should use it very wisely while you have it. I mean engage in exercising just to get your body and mind used to the idea of increased physical loads.

And now… dear, you are undereating, or so it seems to me… it’s good that you got both effects of Duromine, i.e. you don’t want to eat and when you eat – you cant have large servings. It’s perfect. This will allow your stomach shrink and provides a higher possibility that you will stick to new nutrition habits when you finish Duromine.

However, remember, you MUST eat to have a quick and SUSTAINABLE weight loss. Spend some time to count the calories, make a schedule for meals. ok, fine, let them be small, but include all the good things. Get yourself some nuts and snack with them. You don’t need and should not binge in these, but a handful will do very well for your overall condition. Good fats and substances.

You skipped the tuna for lunch… not so good, especially that your only protein that day was ‘a small portion of lean mince’. You need to work through your nutrition. I don’t encourage you to jump into the car and buy half the grocery store. Look at the foods you have and are used to and start feeding your body in a good way. Weight loss is limitations and increased physical activity. Your body already is shocked. At least, give it the substances it needs.

As for the scales. Everyone chooses for himself. If you KNOW you might get discouraged by not seeing incredibly high results every day, then just wait. Measurements the same day as the weigh in, as a rule.

Weekends are a always hard thing. Keeping your hands busy really helps… if you decide to watch a movie… do something instead of eating junk food. By the way, popcorn is a great thing (fiber), if you cook it on your own without any additives like butter or these packs for microwave. So you can have some popcorn, and make yourself sassy water to drink, instead of fizzy drinks. Make the same for your kids. It has a very fresh flavor. Love it! the main advice is to stay away from food. If you have a habit to cook for the family weekend lunches and spend time together, cook something you also can have. Why not? Oven baked chicken with baked/boiled potatoes (less butter, better replace with milk and whisk the mash well. The same as good and low in calories) and large bowl of colorful salad. Why not?

I just can’t stop writing… sooo much to tell you.. and I am afraid to scare you away with all this info.

Last thing. I strongly suggest you to pack a bigger lunch box with you. or two – one for lunch and the other for a couple of snacks.

The very last thing. Your mouth is not so dry, but you MUST drink water! No water = no weight loss. Scared enough? It’s true. Drink! A great day!

Not scared yet lol, just more determined.

So far today I have had

B/fast :- high fiber bran
Snack:- boiled egg and an apple
Lunch:- the tuna I didn't have yesterday ;) on cracker bread (whole wheat)
Dinner:- skinless chicken breast with steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. (I will add a drizzle of olive oil on my veg for some healthy fat)

I am trying to get myself use to the 5-6 small meals a day because I have never been a big meal person but a snacker.

Exercise today was 20 mins of Taebo (oh my word I was exhausted)

Tonight I am going to push for 40mins on the elliptical.

I spent most of the day out doors painting our house walls. Such a fun activity :laughing: and it kept me moving for 4 / 5 hours.

Till tomorrow
Xxx

My water intake is 3l a day, I am constantly thirsty, so I just walk around with my water bottles.

Oh wow! 4 to 5 hours of painting the house walls, 20 mins of Taebo and 40 minutes on the elliptical! Now you’re talking! Way to go! I see you’re already seriously into it, so don’t stop!

It is hard to get used to eating often… you will be able to do it. I am sure. You know where you want to get. And you’re already in that moving train. So no jumping off. =)) Cheers!

Reactions: Mom2three
Hi Mum2three,

My mum lived in south Africa for over 12 months (dad had work there)many years ago now and I remember her saying how they wouldn't leave the compound on there own:eek:... she also spoke very highly of the BBQ's you have :laughing:

Well you are doing so well... good on you!!!! not only the exercises but also the painting that in itself is hard work... especially ceilings I am envious of the extra energy... I've never had that... then again I do wake during the night allot so that may contribute but I have no issues going back to sleep so that's a bonus

I read about you asking when to weigh etc...and I wanted to share how I have approached the scales.. I just wanted to add to April If you weigh yourself day 7 and its not what you expect don't let that get to you...(not that I think you will have that issue:cool:) same as measurements it took my body ages before I spotted cm melting away... everyone is different some women it just drops off really fast, not me, but when I did see a decent change in cm it was a fabulous feeling so always focus on the next week or a result in 4 weeks because its the end goal that counts.... and its in 3 months you want to say gosh I have lost XX as our weight can fluctuate you may weigh on a day that is a little higher than say the day before etc as long as you know your making changes your a winner and it will show.... just don't give up ... you will do it!

Looking forward to your next update

Dee

Reactions: April and Mom2three