• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Duromine and Other Medications

When do you take Duromine?

• Daily

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Yes, it's okay to take it every day other day.

Definitely ok to take every other day.

What strength are you on @MarieJMJ ?

Just wondering is anyone on enpo (Amitriptyline)? Was supposed to start it for migraine prevention but the pharmacist just told me it caused weight gain and advice?

KimJ said:
Just wondering is anyone on enpo (Amitriptyline)? Was supposed to start it for migraine prevention but the pharmacist just told me it caused weight gain and advice?
It's a anxiety med . My hubby takes it for that is sleep issues. Makes him sleepy as at night n slow waking up. He has gained weight from it n eats a lot :( There is another med they can prescribe for migraines n does OK with duro

HeatherA said:
It's a anxiety med . My hubby takes it for that is sleep issues. Makes him sleepy as at night n slow waking up. He has gained weight from it n eats a lot :( There is another med they can prescribe for migraines n does OK with duro
Ok that Iā€™ll look into it

Just looked at hubby's . It's that a name like you asked :)

@KimJ I know I've seen ppl take topiramate ( Topamax) n duro

HeatherA said:
@KimJ I know I've seen ppl take topiramate ( Topamax) n duro
Your on the right tack through it can also be used as a ani depression med and anxiety med

KimJ said:
Your on the right tack through it can also be used as a ani depression med and anxiety med
He can't take duro as to many other meds :( but least he sleeps n less anxiety now but about 10kg in about 6-8m !

HeatherA said:
He can't take duro as to many other meds :( but least he sleeps n less anxiety now but about 10kg in about 6-8m !
Mmm I think I would gather put up with getting headaches

KimJ said:
Mmm I think I would gather put up with getting headaches
:( maybe ask for a different med . I researched when a new don't agree with hubby so I can suggest other meds for him :)

Does anyone know if itā€™s ok to take Maxault / rizatriptan wafers? Is ok to use whilst on duromine?

I have used Relpax which is a triptan but if I were you just call the poison line. I did the same thing because I wasnā€™t 100% sure.

buku said:
I have used Relpax which is a triptan but if I were you just call the poison line. I did the same thing because I wasnā€™t 100% sure.
Good idea! Thanks!

Reactions: buku
@Mikkis Or call your local pharmacy, the pharmacists know all that kind of thing as they are always dispensing them.

Mikkis said:
Does anyone know if itā€™s ok to take Maxault / rizatriptan wafers? Is ok to use whilst on duromine?
I take it while on it, the doctor didnā€™t say anything. Iā€™ve been taking them just about every day Iā€™ve been getting bad migraines

Sonik said:
I take it while on it, the doctor didnā€™t say anything. Iā€™ve been taking them just about every day Iā€™ve been getting bad migraines
yeah ive been struggling today with headaches and I know if I donā€™t jump on them straight away they turn into migraines and I can end up in emergency because I canā€™t deal with the pain

Mikkis said:
yeah ive been struggling today with headaches and I know if I donā€™t jump on them straight away they turn into migraines and I can end up in emergency because I canā€™t deal with the pain
oh no u poor thing:pensive: I had one yesterday and today cos I could feel it coming on I still take everything with them. Iā€™m on a few different stuff and I said to the doctor can I still take them all with it? She was like yep I take codeine too.