• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine and Heart Issues

L

loveforallkay

Standard Member
Apr 5, 2013
Hello guys! I'm so glad I found this forum.. I'm 24 years old, small framed, barely 150cm :p
I have about 10kg to lose and achieve my ideal weight. I hope it won't take me that long...
So, this is my very first time taking any rx diet aid, and so far it's working and I'm alive. So that's a good thing!

I used to eat all night around. I'm one of those people who eat because you are bored...type.
So over the years, I gained weight despite my pretty fast metabolism and especially accumulated most of those fats in my abdomen area.
Eating and thinking about food all day distracted me from studying at home.
Besides from losing weight, I also want to start developing a healthy diet to go with the rest of my life.

So here's my short term experience with duramine.
It did cut my appetite to barely there- level. I still feel hungry after not eating like 6,7 hours, but I can only intake a small portion to satisfy my hunger now.
I can go without eating anything after my dinner, which is like....a miracle.

The below are my side effects from taking this..
1. First day - crazy fast heart beat after 5-6 hours, insomnia
2. second day - still fast heart beat, but not as crazy and strong as first day, insomnia but better than yesterday, I tried to exercise but immediately after i started I was nauseated.

Not noticing any dry mouth or mood change, I being insomnia actually help me get up early in the morning and go to my class :p:p

The part I'm mostly worried about is my fast heart beat.. Would it eventually subside in a couple more days?
I do want to start exercising, I can't do that when I get nauseated after doing sit-ups for 7 times... Walking around campus I have no problem.

Let me know what everyone else is thinking :laughing:

Kay

Hi Loveforallkay!

So young and so purposeful!
I think it's quite common thing when people "eat all night around", especially if they were forced to due to night work shifts. Of course there are other reasons too.
Well, palpitation is no common side effect as far as I known, but happens sometimes. I"m sure some ladies here will agree.
But let's hope it'll gone and you will lose weight safely.
As for insomnia - yes it's "normal" as for the weight loss pill.
Anyways, it seems you are OK so far. I am glad to meet you here, so share us your thoughts if you want;)

xxx

Kate

Hi Kate! you lost 160lbs?! :eek: True successor!

I'm feeling even better today with very minor side effects except for the palpitation.. I'm surprised that it's not a common side effect :/
But maybe it's more exaggerated in my case since I have lower blood pressure (100/50) than normal and I get palpitation quite often even without duramine.
I was kinda scared on the first day when it went up to 180bpm while I was sitting down listening to a lecture.
It is getting better tho. Hopefully will be completely gone by next week. :laughing:
I also feel that my appetite has slightly increased. Still, I don't really think much about food. I'm just hungry when the normal meal time comes.

AAANDDD today! I finally bought a scale and weighed myself.
Been 3 days, and I lost 8 lbs since 3 days ago.. and that is 6lb less than my baseline..
And I looked down at my belly, no change :confused:
Usually when I lose that much weight that fast, my belly shrinks lolll Maybe it was some water that I lost.

Anyways, I'll keep posting my daily experience for someone who wants to know more about duramine!

xoxo

Kay

Hello again!
I'm sorry - I missed that, but what dosage do you take?
Because:
a) If you are taking 30mg (considered a high dose), palpitation may be a sign to reduce the dose.
b) If you have already had palpitations before Duromine therapy, you might suffer from hidden disorders (better to consult a doc)

I've done some research and: actually Duromine CAN cause some palpitations at the beginning of the therapy in some people. My advice: wait 5-7 days and check your state, if palpitation still bothers you ---> go to your therapist immediately.

GOOD LUCK!

ps: Fingers crossed! And I hope you'll be fine and palpitation will never disturb you again!
Hugs! Kate

Hi im 23years old im 155cm and 65 kg. Today is my 4th day on these pills. On day one i had cotton mouth and was a bit light headed and giggle (much like you do after a couple of drinks), i ate meals as normal but felt full after 2 bites. First night i couldn't sleep until 3am and then i woke at 4am and that was the start of day 2. Day 2 was fine in the morning but i forgot to eat breakfast and lunch as i had more energy then usual and powerd threw meal times to continue my house work as i was so excited that i could possibly do it all in one day (i have 2 small children and i dont have the energy to keep up with them and do all the house work so some things like laundry dont get done every day) 3o'clock came and my husband had to go out and i had come across the wii fit while cleaning out wardrobes so i thought i would set it up and have a go. After an hour on there i felt exhausted. So i rested but had a terrible head ache and felt nausea and again couldnt sleep that night but managed 2am -5am this time.
Day 3 i woke with a head ache and nausea again. After drinking about 2l of water i managed to get a 30min nap in and woke feeling pretty good Aslong as i drink plenty of water the headache keeps at bay. But after about 15min all energy disapwared and i could not hold my self up the nausea was back i rested for maybe 20min and was ok again my husband suggested having something to eat so i had a handful of grapes. I am finding my brain forgets to eat but i can feel my tummy grumble. i feel exhausted physicaly but my brain just wont switch off at night. Ive never really been an over eater i have no problem saying no to junk food but i feel like the effect i am getting from this medication is only an appitite suppresent and no energy boost at all.i was hoping to get some extra energy so i could start exercising as i am just so exhausted from playing and looking after the kids keeping the house practiculy spotless for my husband every day that i cant modivate myself to exercise at the end of the day and i feel terrible for ignoring my kids these last few days but i am just so tired i feel like im going to colapse. And the heart pulpatations are happening 3-4 times a day
Should i stop taking tgese pillsor will i get usex to then soon?

Hello, Roxychick!
First problem I saw in your post is that you don't eat enough. Hence your headaches and exhaustion, that's for sure. You see, diet pills are ok, you may have this appetite suppression effect and energy boost like you've said. But only if you follow certain rules.

First of all, let me ask you: if you " never really been an over eater i have no problem saying no to junk food..." why did you start Duromine anyway? I mean, considering your measurements and age, I don't see much problem of losing extra weight on your own. You're not obese.

Secondly, if you still decide to take the pills, ok then you should force yourself to diet properly at least. I can understand that hard home work, looking after the children, husband, cleaning, cooking, etc. But you probably don't have enough information about the pills. They only work (I mean weight loss effect) when a person lives actively. As I mentioned earlier, Duromine is an appetite suppressant, so that a person can stop eating extra food. But the actual weight loss comes with physical exertion only! So if you only eat smaller potions your excess weight won't go away. You need to exercise your body somehow. Yes, yes I remember you've said you don't have enough energy for that. Well, that's because you "forget to eat" and simply your body don't get fuel for that. What did you expect? Duromine is no Red bull LOL, though some users write it does give them much energy))) You are the only one to decide if you can do it or not. If you feel you can't, then you better stop taking the pills. But you can try at least, because such side effects usually pass within a wekk maximum.

I'm not lecturing you here, no way. I only want to help you understand what you do wrong. And daily headaches ain't normal. Plus your lack of sleep (though this is pretty normal for Duromine during the first week). All that makes you very tired, I know. So, please try to schedule a diet, that is 3-4 meals daily. No, it's not too much, trust me. Just small portions, or 3 main meals and couple of snacks with fruit or nuts. If you "forget" to eat, you can set a reminder on your cell phone, or make notes somewhere, like on the fridge. One of our users made a daily menu, laminated it and put on the fridge door. Seriously, why not?;) If this helps to stay on track.
And of course, it would be better for you to start walking at least. 30 minutes of everyday walk helps. Especially when you have children. Fun+good.
Hope this loooong letter will help you somehow and let me know if you need more advice. Good luck and God bless your family!

Reactions: Stonie
Hi guys I've been on Duromine 30 mg for 4 days now, I have barely any side affects apart from feeling a little tired. However today it feels like my heart is racing. Has anyone experienced this? I have no pain it's just fast enough to notice.

Hi Ru, the first few days your body is still getting used to the medication, so it will be normal for you to experience some side effects. Make sure you are eating properly and drink plenty of water. If the symptoms get worse or you are worried you should have your doctor check it out. Good luck, and keep us up to date;)

I am currently on my 4th day of duromine & have been experiencing slight chest pains near my heart area. I really don't want to stop taking the tablets as I have lost 3kg already! However i Am a little bit worried that as I keep taking the them it will get worse. I have also had tingling in my left arm, hand and face. I can't tell whether it is just my anxiety or not. As I work full time it is very hard for me to get into my doctor. Has anyone else had similar issues? Please help!

Hi AshleighKt,
A rapid heart beat is one of the many side effects of Duromine. It can be dangerous because, if you start panicking, it puts too much pressure on your heart and could result in an emergency situation, such as a panic attack. The palpitations will pass if you sit down and take a few deep breaths for a while.
Your blood pressure might be too high to take the pills, or you should try strengthening your heart through exercise before starting the pills.

WorkingWoman said:
Hi AshleighKt,
A rapid heart beat is one of the many side effects of Duromine. It can be dangerous because, if you start panicking, it puts too much pressure on your heart and could result in an emergency situation, such as a panic attack. The palpitations will pass if you sit down and take a few deep breaths for a while.
Your blood pressure might be too high to take the pills, or you should try strengthening your heart through exercise before starting the pills.

Hey WorkingWoman,
I'm about to start taking duromine, for a short period of time as i only have around 10kgs to loose.
My main concern and anxiety is the increased heart rate.
Without duromine I go to the gym, and do HIIT, Interval training and my heart rate is usually hitting around 190.
When I start on duromine, should i be decreasing my amount of exercise so I do not over stress my heart? Should i just be doing mild exercise? I dont want to work out my usually routine and then have something bad happen like a heart attack.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Team!

I have been trying to get answers by scrolling through so many posts online but was wondering if some others are having the same side effects taking Duromine.

I am 93.7kgs and 162cms currently on 15mg Duromine started last Saturday.

I have been taking my dose at approximately 4-5am and then going back to sleep for an hour or so before waking up.
In the morning I feel fine. I get to lunch time and the side effects are hitting me like a ton of bricks. I have a racing heart, sweats, itchy hands and I almost feel like I am coming down from party drugs without the euphoric feeling. Just the super sh*t feeling. It gets to the point where if I shut my eyes I feel like I am still moving and want to vomit.
My eating is on form making sure I have 4-5 meals a day protein filled not so many carbs and heaps of water!
I haven't had the headaches so much and only very slight dry lips.

I am 4 days in and I am so close to calling it quits because I feel like crap!!!! I don't want to give up! Everyone says it gets better but I literally don't think I can go on much longer like this.

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks team : )

Are you on any other medication? It might be having a bad effect with the duromine.

I was taking quetiapine for sleep at night and citalopram for anxiety. I have come off those and gone to the duromine. I can tell I am off my anti anxiety meds but that's it i seem to be sleeping ok it's just about 1-3 in the afternoon I start to feel like I am out of control. wanting to pass out and or just lie very still. Haha horrible

Just remember that coming off anti anxiety pills is one thing. Coming off them and going on to duromine is the extreme. It probably wouldn't be recommend by a doctor.

You just have to way up the pros and cons and decide if it is worth it.

For me I've been miserable with my weight so it has been but it hasn't been easy.

This is day 4 using duromine 40mg. I have been experiencing palpitations throughout the day on and off... have not had much energy... feeling a little down... ive been reading a lot of the negative side effects that come with taking duromine and im not sure if im making myself anxious because of what i read or if the duromine is causing me anxiety? Has anyone else experienced this? Will the palpitations subside?
Also been feeling a bit of mild pain in left breast, shoulder blade and left side of upper back... but i think that could be because i slept on that side of my body for too long... just being paranoid and blaming duromine for everything lol.
Very had to fall and stay asleep for the first 2 nights but saw improvement on 3rd night of use.
I dont have the energy like so many other people are describing or a dry mouth but just lightly thirsty and in the mood to drink heaps of water which i love.

My starting weight was 84kg and im now 81.4 its already really helping me... so i dont really want to stop taking duromine because of being paranoid/anxious etc as i feel its the only method that is helping me... any tips? Has anyone else experienced this? Is the dose too strong?
Ive been doing 1 hour of light cardio every day and drinking 2.5-3Litres of water/day.

Reactions: Deno
Hi Ausgirl! Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story. Aside from the palpitations and pain in your left body side, it doesn’t sound to me that the dose is too high from you. The insomnia subsided as it usually does, by day 3-5 of the course, and the dry mouth is also common. Energy also doesn’t manifest in every Duromine user, so it looks like you’re one of those people, who don’t get it. OR you might be eating too little food, and topped off with poor sleep, it might make you feel tired.

As for the anxiety. Unfortunately, it is a possible side effect of Duromine, and many people who were checking out the side effects and negative reviews on Duromine use report of having troubles with understanding whether anxiety comes from Duromine or is “self-induced”.

You don’t have to think of yourself as being paranoid. What you have to do is to listen carefully to your body, without fanaticism, without trying to find something that is not there. You need to relax… and start exercising. This will help address the issue with the left side of the body and will help you understand, whether you do have any problems with the heart rate. If it gets worse during the physical load, I am afraid that you will have to stop Duromine, or try 15 mg.

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Ausgirl
Hi April!
Thank you so much for the welcoming and for your response. It is now Day 7 for me. I came to realise that it was definitely self-induced anxiety. I really took a step back and for the past 3 days i am completely fine! I am so so happy... sleeping is completely normal, pain in left side of body completely gone, no palpitations... im completely back to my normal self with duromine working wonders with my appetite/cravings! I am so glad i pushed through all the symptoms and didnt give up on taking it because im already 5 kilos down and i feel/see my goal finally being achieved after so many failed attempts!

Best wishes :)

O M G!!!! 5 kilos down in a week??? What are you doing there? =) CONGRATS! And definitely congratulations on such a huge relief. I am glad that everything goes nice and smooth now. Very happy for you. have a great day!

Haha thank you!! Well really took the opportunity duromine has given me to make a complete lifestyle change, i use to eat massive portions of food and a lot of it high in carbs, bad fats... and i know that was one of my biggest problems.. so ive reduced my portion size down to a healthy amount and always trying to choose nutritious wholesome foods... i have been exercising for 1 hour every day and drinking 2.5-3.5 litres of water a day and i guess its all working together really well... i believe its so important not to rely on the drug on its own, combining the 3 Has been the perfect package for me! Feeling excited :laughing:

Reactions: April