• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Duromine and Heart Issues

Hey hun what exercises are you doing? Xx keep it up :)

Hello there

First day on Duromine 30mg - any advice would be greatly appreciated - (Cape Town, SA)

I took my first dose at 9am this morning, I'm feeling "OK" but not great. My resting heart rate is around 102 BPM (I know Duromine does increase it but is it normal to be so high) I feel a bit 'jittery' and keep getting goosebump/prickle type rushes over my skin (like I'm cold)

Drinking loads of water etc

Just looking for some advice really - is this all normal, will it settle down

I think 30mg may be too high dose for me, and I'm already thinking about requesting 15mg

Thanks in advance

Sammy

Hello. If you are feeling extremely jittery on them maybe do ask for the smaller dosage. I take my pill a lot earlier otherwise it keeps me up too late. I usually set my alarm and take it at 5am. Iā€™m jittery as well but I think that can be pretty common. I just keep myself busy - go walking, clean the house etc. you could try taking the tablet every other day maybe? I have done that before because I found the pill was strong enough to last me two days. Good luck but do consult your doctor if youā€™re worried.

wow Samanthalouiselouw!
you are from cape Town?
nice to meet you, my name is Dre, i run security here on the forum..
for those of us here in Australia, Duromine is almost impossible to find!
unless you wave a magic wand of course..
you must love it where you from my love,
i know this because i used to import it from there years ago.

Hugs
Dre

Hi Anka

Thank you! I did go back to the docs and got 15mg - much much better and less side effects, still feel a bit jittery and my resting heart rate is raised but hoping that will settle down over next few weeks, I've also started taking super early at 5am - how long have you been taking them?

Hi Dre - yes in SA (but originally from the UK)

Reactions: Rava
Hello
Iā€™m on day 5. Yesterday was my first hard day. I had a major headache and felt really tired but feel better today.
Iā€™m glad you are feeling better with the 15mg dose, hopefully thatā€™s all your body needed.
Keep me posted on how you go!

Samanthalouiselouw said:
Hi Anka

Thank you! I did go back to the docs and got 15mg - much much better and less side effects, still feel a bit jittery and my resting heart rate is raised but hoping that will settle down over next few weeks, I've also started taking super early at 5am - how long have you been taking them?

Glad to hear your side effects are more manageable for you now :)

Don't be too concerned about your heart rate - it will settle down *hugs*.

I take my tablet before 6am otherwise no sleep for me lol!

Reactions: Dre
How are you getting on @Samanthalouiselouw ?

What's everyone's resting heart rate? Mine was 115 doc said to stop duromine and have a ecg next week.

@Julai Ooo wow.. I have never had my heart rate monitored.. hope all will be ok with you

Reactions: Julai
15kgtogo said:
@Julai Ooo wow.. I have never had my heart rate monitored.. hope all will be ok with you
Oh he checked my blood pressure and heart rate. Thanks

Mine is 75 and my doctor says that 60-100 is the normal rate.

Julai said:
What's everyone's resting heart rate? Mine was 115 doc said to stop duromine and have a ecg next week.
My resting has been between 90 and 100

Julai said:
I had to give it up! Was too scary
Mine is normally high but not this high, being a nurse I'm not too concerned and nor is my doctor

Sommeil said:
Mine is normally high but not this high, being a nurse I'm not too concerned and nor is my doctor
Oh that's good! My doctors were and I saw two! My heart felt like it was coming out of my chest!

Mines 60-70 off of duromine, when I'm on duro it bumps up to around 80

Angelis said:
Mines 60-70 off of duromine, when I'm on duro it bumps up to around 80
Yeah that's me normal not on duromine hahA

If you have any heart issues while on Duromine, share your story in this thread.

Hi everyone. I started 15mg 2 days ago. 1st day no side effects, but 2nd day at around 2:30 am had a racing heart. I have been reading everyones posts and would like to know if it can be because of the half a glass of wine I had early afternoon, and if not will it get better?