• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine and Health Issues

Thank you soooo much feeling a bit better about taking it.. I get married in 6 weeks so wanted to get a fast weight loss fix and then try and maintain after that..
I need to buy scales so I can keep track and ill also take my measurements tonight too..

Reactions: Melmo
You should definitely loose as long as you eat, very important, make healthy choices and move. I haven't been exercising every day but have been playing squash a couple of times a week.

It also depends how much weight you have to lose.

my first goal is to lose at least 6kgs in the first 4 weeks, anything more is a bonus..
My fiancé is also training me and walking everyday..

1sttimeuser said:
Hi All,

Im a tad nervous bout starting duromine tomorrow, ive never tried them before, read all posts in regards to it.. Worried as my blood pressure was a bit high when I went to the doctors, but doctor still gave them to me and told me come back in 2 weeks.. Wondering if anyone else has had this..
I think it might be nerves and stress...
Hope so..

We're in the same boat :) Doc said same thing to me and even wants me to have a blood test... I'm excited to start and just think that they wouldn't have granted prescription if there was anything sinister surely :) All the best for an awesome result :)

Hi Guys,

I have been on Duromine for a week now - I have noticed that i eat alot less then before...However i do not see the kilo's coming off, and i think its because i am not exercising - I get home late in the evenings and still need to cook ect. and up at 5 again to get to work.

Is there anyone that can give some ideas for exercising at home.

Hello!
I would recommend first to search on youtube. There are lots of videos of that kind. Zumba, stretch, or some individual exercises. Just write 'home exercises' and press enter. It will save you time. It's a pity that no one else can cook for you((
Don't worry, it's only a week, so too soon to expect drastic results.
Good luck and sleep well at night!

Hi Chantelle, look, I'm on day 10 and have absolutely no weight loss so I'm not saying it will work, but I have figured out ways to sneak extra exercise into my day if that helps. Firstly, waking up 40 minutes early and getting a good half an hour walk in should make a huge difference to your health, mood, and general well-being. Besides that, it's the little things. In the morning when I'm boiling the kettle, I take A big step back from the bench and do as many push-ups as I can just pushing up on an incline on the bench until I can't do any more, and then I wait 30 seconds and do the same again. When I'm brushing my teeth I do squats until my quads are burning. Again I wait until the count of 30 and then do some more. Every time I go to the bathroom during the day day, I do another 30 Squats while washing my hands at the basin. I only take the stairs and I only park at the furthest car park away from the door at the supermarket. Finally, if I gets to the point at night where I'm able to relax in front of the television, I do it on the floor doing leg raises ,kickbacks, core work, and planks. This is been hugely successful for me in the past, but like I said this time, for some reason my body isn't responding at all. But I hope these tips help you! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: christine V
Hi guys :)

This is going to be a pretty long post as I feel I need to give as much information as possible. Here goes...

I'm on my 2nd week of duromine (30mg). Progress is slow but I will get into that on another thread.. I'm actually writing this to get some advice and suggestions on behalf of my younger brother. He is 21 years old, 133kg and approximately 170cm tall. Whilst he is quite a big boy, he is also extremely active, social and does quite a lot of sport. His only downfall is that up until about a month ago he would constantly eat and drink quite a lot of rubbish. However since then he has been surprisingly and extremely strict on his diet and has also joined a gym as well as playing sport etc. Unfortunately for him his hard work hasn't paid off and he saw little to no results at all. He has been down in the dumps and I completely feel for him... He said he's not going to give up and will keep trying. He's such an amazing and strong person.

He has previously been to the doctors and had a few tests done to see if there were any other reasons, other than the junk he ate, which could cause constant weight gain since he was a kid. All tests came back all good and found him to be quite healthy apart from his weight. That helped us a lot as we now know there is nothing medically wrong with him.

Just over a week ago I decided to visit the doctors myself, as I'm also having issues with my weight, and I was prescribed duromine. I went home and talked with my brother and we both thought it would be a good idea for him to try this as well. He went to the doctors a few days later but they would not prescribe him duromine as his blood pressure was high, I think it was 140/80 or 90. We both understood their reason for not prescribing this as we both saw what the side effects this medication had on me.

I guess our questions are:

1. What are some remedies that help lower blood pressure?; and
  2. What was your blood pressure reading when prescribed duromine?
I know that we should get his blood pressure down to 120/80 but what is also acceptable in terms of being able to be take duromine safely?

At the time when we saw the doctor we didn't think to ask these questions so we will definitely also seek medical advice for our questions. But we also want to know if any of you have any advice for my brother as well?

If you have taken time out of your day to read this awfully long post, I just want to say thank you so so so much. I really do appreciate it. I hate seeing him upset and just want to help my brother in any way possible.

-Ash :)

Hi, Ash:)

It is OK to write long posts here, because this is the right place to do it and we always welome people who need our help.

Iunderstand your concern about your brother. The first question that came to my mind when I read this, was - do you live together or separately? Please don't take offense, but do you actually know he is not eating junk anymore? Because this might be the first and the most frustrating problem (people tend to deny they still eat junk foods even if they say they started a diet), it is a normal thing actually, since quitting old habits becomes a very difficult process...Sometimes we don't even notice and realize how much unhealthy food we eat, until (for example) we see it on video. From what I have read, it is the only possible reason he cannot lose any weight. Because you wrote that all tests were good and he was healthy. You see, even if you are doing a lot of sports and workout hard, you will keep all that body weight if you still consume more calories that you burn throughout a day. Or maybe (if I'm wrong and he eats healthy) he needs just more time and his body weight will start decreasing little by little. As for high blood pressure, unfortunately my doctor told me you cannot combine these medications. So, obviously he should normalize the BP first and maybe afterwards the doctor will prescribe Duromine. I wish you both stay healthy and achieve your weight loss goal, still you should rely on doctor's recommendations, because we can only share our experience but cannot advice what you should do.

Good luck and stay share your experience with us!;););)

Reactions: Ashleigh.B
Hi
I'm surprised his bp is elevated.
I wonder if it was a one of higher reading due to stress, going to the dr automatically makes some people stress. Can you measure his bp at home??
The only other thing reduce salt intake.
Hope I have been a little bit helpful

Reactions: Ashleigh.B
Kate said:
Hi, Ash:)

It is OK to write long posts here, because this is the right place to do it and we always welome people who need our help.

Iunderstand your concern about your brother. The first question that came to my mind when I read this, was - do you live together or separately? Please don't take offense, but do you actually know he is not eating junk anymore? Because this might be the first and the most frustrating problem (people tend to deny they still eat junk foods even if they say they started a diet), it is a normal thing actually, since quitting old habits becomes a very difficult process...Sometimes we don't even notice and realize how much unhealthy food we eat, until (for example) we see it on video. From what I have read, it is the only possible reason he cannot lose any weight. Because you wrote that all tests were good and he was healthy. You see, even if you are doing a lot of sports and workout hard, you will keep all that body weight if you still consume more calories that you burn throughout a day. Or maybe (if I'm wrong and he eats healthy) he needs just more time and his body weight will start decreasing little by little. As for high blood pressure, unfortunately my doctor told me you cannot combine these medications. So, obviously he should normalize the BP first and maybe afterwards the doctor will prescribe Duromine. I wish you both stay healthy and achieve your weight loss goal, still you should rely on doctor's recommendations, because we can only share our experience but cannot advice what you should do.

Good luck and stay share your experience with us!;););)

Hi Kate :) Thank you so much for your reply. And no offence taken whatsoever! What you said pretty much ran through my head as well - Is he eating junk when we're not around? And yes, we do live with each other so it does make it a little easier to encourage him and keep an eye on him. It was actually that night that you replied which I decided to start making his lunches for him. I was making my own lunches anyway so I figured I'd make extra for him. Hopefully that will help him not eat junk when no one is around lol. He's enjoying it and seems to be a lot happier this week. I guess for some it takes a little longer but I'm sure he'll get there!

Thanks again Kate. I'll keep posting and updating :)

Vanders33 said:
Hi
I'm surprised his bp is elevated.
I wonder if it was a one of higher reading due to stress, going to the dr automatically makes some people stress. Can you measure his bp at home??
The only other thing reduce salt intake.
Hope I have been a little bit helpful

We were a little surprised as well as he's never had high blood pressure before. You're probably right though with him being nervous and stressed because when we got home we tested it again using our home bp machine and it was much lower but still just that little bit too high to be able to take duromine safely.

Thanks for your advice with reducing salt. Him and I have almost cut salt out of our diet completely. Hopefully this, along with diet, exercise etc. will lower his blood pressure a little more. He's going to wait another month or 2 and see how his blood pressure is going then :)

Thanks again for your advice :)

Oh, it is so great that somebody has such sister as you are! I am sure your care will help heaps and you will enjoy your weight loss journey together. :)

anyone have blood pressure problems, how has duromine affected it?
I finally bit the bullet and asked my gp for a script (currently 95kg) and he happily prescribed it but my blood pressure was up and he has said he doesn't want me starting duromine while my bp is high :( so frustrated!

I am sorry but I have to agree with your doc. High blood pressure is one of the counter indications for Duromine and can seriously harm your health. Duromine may increase your blood pressure which is why you can not take it if you already have problems in that area. I am sorry for the let down. How about trying something else like Xenical?

I have slight elevated blood pressure and my doc said it's ok as long as I monitor it ...I see him every week
I will let you know how I go... and my gp is brilliant... and not careless
and I am only on 15mg Duromine :)

To put it simply.. if your bp is high your chances of heart attack and stroke double.

Duromine makes your heart beat faster. I have a resting heart rate if 120bpm on duromine and my pb was and still is good.

So if you have high bp and your heart starts racing at a resting because your on duromine you could have a heart attack or stroke exerting yourself on the tredmill.

Please dont try to buy it online if your bp is high. Its so dangerous.

Best bet is to gwt your bp under control then look at duromine again

Audrey3 said:
I am sorry but I have to agree with your doc. High blood pressure is one of the counter indications for Duromine and can seriously harm your health. Duromine may increase your blood pressure which is why you can not take it if you already have problems in that area. I am sorry for the let down. How about trying something else like Xenical?
Xenical haha omg i took this for months with little results but i know it worked for some people... seriously. ... you cant fart unless your on the toilet. You cant even relax your butthole. This bright orange oily liquid comes out and it stinks!!!of course the more fatty things you wat the more of this studf you will get.

To much info but...
The amount of times i was driving home or had to leave work because i forgot i cant even do the tiniest fart or thought it was "safe" haha

Seriously though... for me.. the physical affects xenical gave me were just to much to bare.

You shit orange oil. Toilets a mess... you cant use other peoples toilets. Ahh just gross.

laura kate said:
Xenical haha omg i took this for months with little results but i know it worked for some people... seriously. ... you cant fart unless your on the toilet. You cant even relax your butthole. This bright orange oily liquid comes out and it stinks!!!of course the more fatty things you wat the more of this studf you will get.

To much info but...
The amount of times i was driving home or had to leave work because i forgot i cant even do the tiniest fart or thought it was "safe" haha

Seriously though... for me.. the physical affects xenical gave me were just to much to bare.

You shit orange oil. Toilets a mess... you cant use other peoples toilets. Ahh just gross.
:eek::eek::eek: HAHAHA:p:laughing: That is SUCH an honest response. LOVE IT!
I have thought about Xenical but also heard it can have "nasty"side effects although you just put in a much clearer perspective. Thank you!:laughing::laughing:

Reactions: laura kate
Yes, ladies))) I read that the main effect of Xenical is to excrete all fats from the body, while Duromine eliminates hunger, so the effect is different, the results are the same but vary in time. So, everybody chooses whatever is best for him. Thank you, Laura Kate for your review!

Reactions: laura kate