• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine 40mg - Splitting the pill

Mayara

Mayara

Standard Member
Feb 29, 2016
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone had managed to split 40mg pills in two parts for consumption as 2 doses.

My doctor refused to prescribed them, said I need a healthy diet and exercise. I do both and can't lose weight.

So my BF bot a box of 40mg for me from Gumtree. He was lucky as the gumtree took the advert down.

He paid a lot for them so I was hoping to split them in half as 40mg is too much for me but I realized they are a capsule not a tablet so not sure if it is possible at all!

Please help with any recommendations and experiences. I really need to lose weight for this wedding but don't want to harm myself in doing so!

Apparently the capsule casing is designed in such a way to be a slow release. If you split it, all would be deposited straight into your body in one go, so I'm not sure that splitting them is a good idea, sorry

Reactions: Kate
Jesus. If your doctor hasnt prescribed them there must be a good reason that you shouldnt take them.
Seriously..
Enjoy the stroke.

Reactions: Kate
Mayara said:
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone had managed to split 40mg pills in two parts for consumption as 2 doses.

My doctor refused to prescribed them, said I need a healthy diet and exercise. I do both and can't lose weight.

So my BF bot a box of 40mg for me from Gumtree. He was lucky as the gumtree took the advert down.

He paid a lot for them so I was hoping to split them in half as 40mg is too much for me but I realized they are a capsule not a tablet so not sure if it is possible at all!

Please help with any recommendations and experiences. I really need to lose weight for this wedding but don't want to harm myself in doing so!
Dear Mayara

This forum is for those, who want to lose weight and we are usually polite here, still if you haven't find the answer (because you are not the first who asked that) I can post some of previous;) replies:

"...Before you split the capsule, make sure you know the chemical properties of the drug. Some medications have different properties, ie. slow release, different areas for absorption (stomach, liver, duodenum etc) and make sure you know whether the contents is evenly distributed. Splitting the capsule may cause more problems for your body, and increase the rate and severity of any side effects. I would suggest visiting another GP and seeing if they will prescribe it to you. If yes, then you've just saved yourself some money thanks to your friend!"

and mine:
"...But, halving the 30mg dose I do not recommend you, that's why - Duromine capsules are made for a slow release of the active substance (it's the way these pills should work - you take one pill a day and appetite suppression lasts all day long). Besides, if you open the capsule and take a half, it may damage the gastric mucosa and who knows what else. Capsules are made not to open them but to take the whole capsule. So, if you feel like 30 mg is too much for you, you should better take 15 mg pills."

P.S. By the way, with or without Duromine you still have to diet and exercise to lose weight, otherwise it is just a waste or time. When you finish the capsules you might gain weight again, because you need to teach your body to eat properly during the treatment. I am sorry, if I was rude or something. Just want to open your eyes.​

Thank you Kate and chookybee for the useful input. My normal doctor would not prescribe as he thinks I am of normal weight. I am 64kg and 165cm size 12 and have big boobs and big bum lol but my waist is ok... and I exercise regularly but can't lose weight. Eat well too. My BF demands I lose weight. I went to another doctor and he prescribed 15mg so all good. Will see how I go. I hope to lose 10kg and get to size 8.

My Goodness. You're a stronger woman than me. If a BF had ever said that to me I would have told them to go jump off the highest cliff they could find :eek:

Reactions: casey
Well, I can't tell him that jajaja! In Peru I used to model swimwear but here they say I am too fat. He says I need to lose weight not just for looks but reduce the risk of diabetes and a heart disease. When I came to Australia I gave up smoking and I did put on some weight like 2-3 kilos.

Mayara said:

Take them every 2 days if u feel they will be to strong for u

What, even for Australian standards you are not fat or over weight. I once upon a time was your height and weight, and I will admit that toning up would have made a fair difference, but by the sounds of it you are fairly toned I hope it works out for you, and wish you all the best remember be proud of yourself even with the extra 2-3kg

After two weeks on 15mg (and no weight loss) I've gone up to 30mg today as per my doctors direction. I'm now feeling very nauseous. Is nausea likely to stop as my body gets used to 30mg? I'm also wondering if maybe it would be better to split the dose and take 15mg twice a day instead of the whole 30mg at once?

Nausea is a typical side effect of Duromine, and it should stop in a couple (or a little more) days.

I am not sure that splitting your dose will change anything for good. People usually split the dose, if they have a strong hunger closer to the evening. If the appetite suppressing effect works for you throughout the entire day, there is no use in splitting the dose.

Drink more water, it might help, and even though you feel nauseous, you should not forget to eat. Starvation also can give you nausea. Be strong and give it some time. Monitor your health condition for any other side effects. Take care and have a nice week!

Actually, there is a newer version of Duromine, where they're dividing 30mg into 3 small doses, and apparently it works better. So essentially, you're raising a valid point. Talk to your Dr, but seriously, you're not obese like a lot of us here, and you should not be taking without a Drs script. And, they only ever prescribe 40mg to the morbidly obese. AND, here's the kicker studies suggest that frequent low doses are akin to greater appetite suppression and weight loss. Finally, as the others have suggested, what you're doing is very dangerous, and besides, no, the capsules can't be split.

Reactions: April