• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Drinking Water?

A

annieb

Standard Member
Dec 17, 2013
I have been reading posts on here and everyone suggests drinking a lot of water. Why is this? I was feeling funny in the tummy and had a few glasses of water after reading that people drink a lot. Was wondering if anyone knows why this would help or why do we need to drink a lot.

My mouth is pretty much always dry - so I have to drink water!

One of the side effect of duromine is dry mouth. Also, the other reason is if you drink much water you lose weight faster. if you use water before a meal to increase weight loss, do not forget to monitor quantities and calorie intake of your food as well. Some reports of the water diet recommend drinking a full glass of water before, during, and after a meal to aid digestion and speed weight loss from the water.

Reactions: Booty
my dr put it this way: tho phentermine (the drug in duromine) isnt an amphetamine, they are related, and like amphetamines, the phentermine will 'speed' ur body up. While its mainly a drug that helps people who overeat to control their bad habits by working as an appetite suppressant, it also does speed up ur metabolism and does burn stored fat. So as it 'speeds', ur body needs the extra water to prevent dehydration, as well as potential headaches, spacey feeling, sweats, and dry mouth.
If i make sure i drink 3 to 4 litres a day and i hardly get any side effects.
By the way, drinking alot of water with meals actually slows down digestion; ur stomach digests liquids before solids so try not to drink alot with ur meals.

Day 4 Duromine over night I have I have lost 1.2 kilos

2/6/14 110.0 kilos 

3/6/14 108.3 kilos

4/6/14 108.5 kilos ( put on .200g but I ate a lot of food, I gave learnt my lesson)

5/6/14 107.3 kilos

Start weight 110.0 kilos

Current weight 107.3 kilos

Goal weight is 75.0 kilos 

Only 32.3 to go I have a head ache but other wise feel good !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,075
Good work
I know it's hard, but try not to get on scales during week. Only do it once a week

I know at the start of my journey I was getting on them all the time and then when I didn't see a change or saw a little increase I got down about it.....now I get on every Monday and love seeing result

Hi Catherine

I agree with Tamara, rather try do do a weigh in once a week, then you will be able to judge the progress you are making a lot better.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far, it is really very good!:)

I am starting to sound like a broken record, but do drink lots and lots of water - it does help with headaches and other side effects as well.

Keep going strong;);)

Wow. Great job Catherine,am on day 3 and I still feel hungry is it normal?

I'm on 30mg and am hungry sometimes, especially at night.

So im a 43 year male and have just started on 15 mg duromine.
So far I have drank 2-3 litres of water everyday. I feel like my tummy is going down and feel less bloated. I have some increased energy and am waking up early. It feels pretty good. The only thing I guess is a side effect is that I have some increased libido. WeirdI I know..I thought I swallowed the wrong tablet there for a while. I have 4 days left if my 15 mg then onto 30 mg as per docs instructions. Can't wait to weigh in after Christmas.

Welcome, Aussieguy71!
We haven't had guys here for ages! LOL
Glad to hear you drink a lot of water. Good luck with your weigh ins. Haven't you done any so far?
:)

Reactions: Aussieguy71
There might be more guys than you think Kate!
Stay strong over Christmas AussieGuy71.

I'm on the 15's at the moment so will be for the next while, will be interesting to see what differences you see on the 30's.

Reactions: Aussieguy71
Hi Joe,
I was on 15mg's more than a week ago and my Doctor ramped up my prescription to 30 mg.
I still have not had any side effects well mainly still thirsty and continue to drink lots of water.
Yesterday I found myself really hungry as if the tablets were not working. I don't get the big zippy rush like the girls on this site have been saying they have. Maybe it does effect men?
How is your diet going? Are the tablets helping you?
On a good note my size is dropping and can now fit back into my jeans more comfortable than before. My stomach does not stick out like a pregnant lady, so I'm happy with that.
Would like to hear from other guys and ask how they are going on the programme as well.
Tomorrow is Christmas Day. I plan to eat very little which will eliminate the after effects from eating a big lunch. I haven't weighed myself yet. Will

Hi Will,
How did you go over the xmas/NY period?

I'm halfway through the 2nd slide in my first box of 15's. I can't say I've seen any drastic side effects. I'm pretty sure it 'allows' me to stay up later without the feeling of tiredness, but that doesn't stop me being able to get to sleep at normal times. If anything the benefit is I'm waking up easier and is not so much of a struggle as it used to be.

In terms of diet, certainly the appetite suppression means I have an 'edge' in terms of meal choices. I should explain a bit more - I work away a lot on different sites etc where most (all) meals are buffets. Previously I'd usually be hungry for starters and just go 'a bit of everything'. Since I'm not hanging out for my next meal it is easier to pick the healthier options.

I'm a bit the opposite, I haven't noticed any body-changes. But scales say 5Kg in Dec (technically -7 then +3 during 24th-30th and -1 30th till now).

I do need to put more of a focus on the exercise peice though!

Joe Classy said:
Hi Will,
How did you go over the xmas/NY period?

I'm halfway through the 2nd slide in my first box of 15's. I can't say I've seen any drastic side effects. I'm pretty sure it 'allows' me to stay up later without the feeling of tiredness, but that doesn't stop me being able to get to sleep at normal times. If anything the benefit is I'm waking up easier and is not so much of a struggle as it used to be.

In terms of diet, certainly the appetite suppression means I have an 'edge' in terms of meal choices. I should explain a bit more - I work away a lot on different sites etc where most (all) meals are buffets. Previously I'd usually be hungry for starters and just go 'a bit of everything'. Since I'm not hanging out for my next meal it is easier to pick the healthier options.

I'm a bit the opposite, I haven't noticed any body-changes. But scales say 5Kg in Dec (technically -7 then +3 during 24th-30th and -1 30th till now).

I do need to put more of a focus on the exercise peice though!

Still a good job, Joe!
Considering holidays... I guess it is not easy for anybody to stay away all the X-mas and New Year's meals. So a little bit of gain is normal. But on the other hand it can become a step back for some people, trying to lose weight. I am happy to see that most of our users (like you) find forces to continue their diet plan after the holidays. I wish you a happy new year - a year of weight loss and becoming a new you, the one you have dreamed of!

P.S. Exercises are definitely needed LOL Just choose the ones you love the most, to trick your body if it's lazy))

Thanks Kate :)
With holidays and specific friends/family actually coming to town to stay with you for a period of time - you tend to live high on the hog. Not simply a Christmas day meal, but breakfasts, showing them round, cafe's, lunch out too etc etc.

I saw that as an abnormal period, with a defined start and end. So definitely agree that hopping back on the scales and seeing the weight gain could be a step back. But knowing it was only for that specific period and no current plans for anything similar in 1st qrtr of 2015, it wasn't too rough from a mental stand point.

And so since they all left, I've walked up the Mt Lofty trail here in SA. Took 2.5hrs hours up and down. And have been doing other small amounts of exercise (dusted off the Fitbit and aiming for the 10k steps each day), i'm down another 2.2 since the 2nd.

Fingers crossed Will has been doing good too, I didn't mean to hi-jack his thread.

Reactions: shellyisme