• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Dosing, overdosing, and treatment duration

Do You abuse DUROMINE?

• No,i do as doctor told me

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Yes , i take more then prescribed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
QueenA said:
1 1/2 months
Just like anything our bodies can get used to something. Take a week off and then start again, if you're still the same then you can tell the doctor that you went off and went back on to kickstart the weight loss and its just not doing what it's meant to anymore and you need a higher mg. You don't want to go up if the kickstart works, save the higher mg for when you can't budge those last 5 kilos lol ;)

Yes it happened to me. First ever time I was in it, it worked great. I lost weight. Than second time I was on 30g, nothing happened. I was so so so hungry. Like I was taking a eating food pill rather than controlling pill. So I didn't loose anything. Then I, went back to my doc and told him. He said try 40. It's better. I still eat but only half of what I used to it. If I try to over eat, I just start feeling sick. Trting to eat healthy on d, is that your eating habbit will stay with you after you finish d. Otherwise trust me when I say weight comes back up like click of a finger. All the best.

If I miss a day, then go back on it, will I start to feel energized again or was that just a one off?"

Ronalia said:
If I miss a day, then go back on it, will I start to feel energized again or was that just a one off?"
It's really individual, if you felt it before then it should work again

Ronalia said:
I felt like I had heaps of extra energy the first few days but I don't feel that it's still there

Ronalia said:
I think it takes few days for d to adjust to your body. If you stop n start than it loses its point. That's what I have felt.

Hi @Ronalia ! my dr said if you feel better taking it every second day then thats fine. But you will find that on the second day (not having it) youll start to feel hunger pangs again. As it is an appetie suppresant. When i started i was put on 30 and it spun my brain out...couldnt sleep...headache...so i went down to 15 every day and thats better for me. The journey is 1 week in ...off to be weighed this morning. (Fingers crossed)

Reactions: Dre
Ronalia said:
Usually, the pump of energy passes after 1-3 days on Duromine. But, we are all different, so are our bodies. :)
If your doctor recommends you taking the pills every day and you don't experience any side effects, I'd stick with the 'Take it every day' regimen. :cool:

Hi everyone, dr has given me a script for 15mg and I start tomorrow. I have 30kg to lose so hopefully this will help me achieve that while also changing my eating habits too. I'm going to take the tablet at around 7am so that should be ok right?
I was on it months ago (30mg) but got the compound formula (fentermine or however its spelt) but had every side effect possible and felt like a zombie! I'm hoping the actual duromine will work for me this time and also give me some energy lol. Any tips or advice is appreciated :)

@KimJ From my point of view (everyone is different)...If you can, take it at 7am at the absolute latest. Extra energy is just a side effect that SOME people get, definitely not everyone. Don't aim for a massive weight loss as you don't want to be disappointed and get discouraged, so try to remain realistic, or even aim low that way you can be nicely surprised. Take your measurements, that's really important cause some weeks the scales might not move but the inches might be falling off. Some people have also done before and after photos. Most people find it helpful to count calories, at least in the beginning, so find an app that is user-friendly that you can record everything on. Losing weight is like 80% of what you eat, so food intake is your main focus, just remember to actually eat, you're not doing yourself any good and you won't lose weight (at least not safely) by starving yourself. I think a lot of people aim for around 1200 calories a day, but as I said, everyone is different and it really depends on your height and weight. Good luck!

Reactions: KimJ
Lavitabella said:
@KimJ From my point of view (everyone is different)...If you can, take it at 7am at the absolute latest. Extra energy is just a side effect that SOME people get, definitely not everyone. Don't aim for a massive weight loss as you don't want to be disappointed and get discouraged, so try to remain realistic, or even aim low that way you can be nicely surprised. Take your measurements, that's really important cause some weeks the scales might not move but the inches might be falling off. Some people have also done before and after photos. Most people find it helpful to count calories, at least in the beginning, so find an app that is user-friendly that you can record everything on. Losing weight is like 80% of what you eat, so food intake is your main focus, just remember to actually eat, you're not doing yourself any good and you won't lose weight (at least not safely) by starving yourself. I think a lot of people aim for around 1200 calories a day, but as I said, everyone is different and it really depends on your height and weight. Good luck!
Thank you, that's great advice! I'll start with 7am as the latest and see how I go... I've got young kids so am normally up at the crack of dawn anyway lol so it will most likely be earlier taking it. I'll be happy with 500g a week.

KimJ said:
Thank you, that's great advice! I'll start with 7am as the latest and see how I go... I've got young kids so am normally up at the crack of dawn anyway lol so it will most likely be earlier taking it. I'll be happy with 500g a week.
500 grams a week is a good, healthy goal, and if you get more it's a nice bonus. I have a 9 month old baby so I'm generally up early too but I often forget to take mine. I've lost about 9kg in 9 weeks on the 30mg so I'm not complaining, even though a lot of people lose a lot more...but I also don't exercise haha

Lavitabella said:
500 grams a week is a good, healthy goal, and if you get more it's a nice bonus. I have a 9 month old baby so I'm generally up early too but I often forget to take mine. I've lost about 9kg in 9 weeks on the 30mg so I'm not complaining, even though a lot of people lose a lot more...but I also don't exercise haha
Yeah I figured that would be a nice goal :) wow 9kgs in 9 weeks is pretty amazing! Good on you! Do you get many side effects at all. And do they subside after a while of taking the tablets?

KimJ said:
Yeah I figured that would be a nice goal :) wow 9kgs in 9 weeks is pretty amazing! Good on you! Do you get many side effects at all. And do they subside after a while of taking the tablets?
The only things I got were dry mouth and trouble sleeping. The dry mouth went away after a week or so, but the sleeping is still an issue, and it's worse now that I don't take the tablets every day, but I just take half an over the counter sleeping pill and it helps a bit. I don't get any extra energy from it, HOWEVER i think i probably would have a bit more energy if I was sleeping properly, since even with the sleeping pills i wake up frequently. I've always been a bad sleeper, so my sleeping problem might be half duromine and half just me.

Reactions: LoulouO
Lavitabella said:
The only things I got were dry mouth and trouble sleeping. The dry mouth went away after a week or so, but the sleeping is still an issue, and it's worse now that I don't take the tablets every day, but I just take half an over the counter sleeping pill and it helps a bit. I don't get any extra energy from it, HOWEVER i think i probably would have a bit more energy if I was sleeping properly, since even with the sleeping pills i wake up frequently. I've always been a bad sleeper, so my sleeping problem might be half duromine and half just me.
Oh ok, that's pretty good really. Good to hear the dry mouth went away so quickly too! Hmm I don't think I'll mind so much if I'm not sleeping, I only get 5-6hrs a night anyway and am literally a walking zombie so even if I get the same amount of sleep and have just a teeny tiny bit more energy I'llbe super happy haha. I'm a night owl and once the kids have gone to bed its me time so i always stay up wayyy too late. When I should just go to bed early. I just dont think I'll ever be one of these ppl to go to bed before at least 11pm.

KimJ said:
Oh ok, that's pretty good really. Good to hear the dry mouth went away so quickly too! Hmm I don't think I'll mind so much if I'm not sleeping, I only get 5-6hrs a night anyway and am literally a walking zombie so even if I get the same amount of sleep and have just a teeny tiny bit more energy I'llbe super happy haha. I'm a night owl and once the kids have gone to bed its me time so i always stay up wayyy too late. When I should just go to bed early. I just dont think I'll ever be one of these ppl to go to bed before at least 11pm.
That's exactly my problem right at this moment haha, the baby went down around 7.30 and she's teething so this is my relaxing time and sleep feels like i'm wasting my precious me-time haha.

KimJ said:
Haha definitely! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Hi all, I am new here and have only started taking Duromine last Tuesday. My doctor prescribed me 15mg and she was reluctant to do that, itā€™s only that I pushed her that she gave it to me at all. After reading through a few posts here it seems a lot of people are on 30mg, and I wonder if I should have started on 30? I am 48, 160cm and 90kg, my goal is to be 65kg. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I donā€™t mind if the weight loss is slow, but just wondering if anyone can share their experience on the 15mg? Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: ScallyN
Libertyblu said:
Hi all, I am new here and have only started taking Duromine last Tuesday. My doctor prescribed me 15mg and she was reluctant to do that, itā€™s only that I pushed her that she gave it to me at all. After reading through a few posts here it seems a lot of people are on 30mg, and I wonder if I should have started on 30? I am 48, 160cm and 90kg, my goal is to be 65kg. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I donā€™t mind if the weight loss is slow, but just wondering if anyone can share their experience on the 15mg? Thanks in advance :)
Hey @Libertyblu, Sometimes 15 mg works better than 30 mg as you don't experience all the side effects. 15 mg is a great dose to start, you can always up the dose. Try 15 mg and look how it works. 30 mg is the standard dose for overweighted people. Do you have some health issues? Maybe that's why your doctor prescribed 15 mg?

Reactions: April and ScallyN
Libertyblu said:
How do you feel on 15 mg? Does it suppress your appetite? Do you experience any side effects?