• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉

Constipation

N

naturallybrown

Standard Member
Apr 11, 2023
Hi everyone, I have been on Saxenda for just over a week now. I am down 3kg, which I am very happy about for only being on it a week. One horrible side effect is severe constipation. I didn't have a bowel movement for 3 days so on the 4th day I took a laxative. I woke up at 3am in excruciating pain and thought I was going to pass out from the pain. After an hour on the toilet, I finally had a bowel movement. It was truly awful. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this severe constipation like I am having? I don't want to have to take a laxative every day. I also drink gallons of water a day, so I am not dehydrated.

Thanks in advance!!

Hello dear @naturallybrown,
You know, it's pretty common adverse reaction of many weight loss medications.
What do you eat during the day? You'd better eat fiber-rich foods. I would also recommend you eating prunes and more veggies. You can try green tea, some users say it helps.

Reactions: Dre
Hi Stacy, I’m a vegetarian so I eat a very high fiber diet. Prunes are high in sugar so I’d like to avoid them. It’s just my body, trying to figure out how to handle it. It’s been 3 days since a movement again, ugh!!

naturallybrown said:
Hi Stacy, I’m a vegetarian so I eat a very high fiber diet. Prunes are high in sugar so I’d like to avoid them. It’s just my body, trying to figure out how to handle it. It’s been 3 days since a movement again, ugh!!
So, don't be so afraid of taking laxatives. Your body will not get used to it. Even babies can take them for months every day. It will not bring any harm.

Yeah, I just have never had to rely on them before and I don't like having to take them. My body usually adjusts. The pain I wake up in from the laxatives is not pleasant. Oh well, I will take them tonight and hope for the best.