• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Boost To 40 mg?

I was started on 40Mg so I can't help you sorry. Has things slowed down for you? I've noticed in week 2 I feel like snacking.

Ummm.....to be honest I'm really not sure.
I've cut out the majority of carbs and I'm wondering if that's making my energy level nonexistent.
I'm not eating, bread, potato, sweet pot, rice, pasta, etc....
Or.....have I "plateaued" already. Hope not, as that would be tragic.....
Also do you know what's better to have, diet yoghurts/ slim milks...
I work in Theatre at a hospital and everyone has a diff opinion. They are promoting full cream and sugar foods.
I'm so completely lost...lol

Iam lost too. I've always been told to have skim but now I've been told skim has sugar go full cream. Iam just going on portion sizes. Tring to cut back on sugar foods. I don't know if iam wrong or right I just hope it works. I have been reading other forums on this site and that's what everyone is saying. Maybe others can give advice.

Reactions: Ally Russell
Thanks for that, I'm going to do that is this week and see how it goes.
Hmmmmmmmmm....
Have a great week!

Hi I like skim milk for the taste.. I agree portions size is the way to go... I find using my fitness pal on my iPhone works for me I count my calories.. I haven't really cut out carbs just reduced them.. I am eating slim noodles from woolworths .. Instead of pasta slim noodles have no carbs :) Have a great week :)

Hi there, I ONLY DRINK SKIM MILK and converted my whole family to it 18 yrs ago, so far so good , I am the only obese one in the house, so it is not the skim milk, lol ... secondly I like shellyisme, track all my calories, and have not cut out carbs, but I have reduced my portion size{ NOT having a carbs with every meal ,only brekkie or lunch} and choice of carbs. I was on 30mg for three weeks, losing between 1.4and 1.7 a week then plateud in week three and 4 then doc put me on 40mg as she felt I SHOULD be losing double htat a week, been on 40mg for nearly two weeks and felt I was eating even less, than before, and sleeping was even worse, but had a buzz all day ... Today Monday decided to go back on my 30mg, as I need to eat all my calories of 1200 , and exercise for an hour Every day , I am struggling to find my personal balance at the moment, and hoping when I see my GP next Friday ,she can advise me on what do next , I have been thinking I should maybe cut out carbs , like noodles {once a week}, and sweetpotato {2x a week } and rice {1x week} and just have my fruit in place of it ,just to change my bodies routine .... All the best for this week with your changes.. keep us posted ... :)

Good morning! I am due to go to the doctor in a weeks time. I am thinking of trying to get 40mg as I have been on the 30mg for going on 4 weeks and have only lost 5kg. My start weight was 76kg (been stuck there for years) I am now stuck on 71kg. I lost 3.7 in my first week, and 1.3 over the next 2 weeks. So I am feeling like the 30mg is not strong enough for me, as i am also feeling no side effects etc. Hope this week is going to make a difference. Good Luck

Hi, I would be careful jumping up your dose too quickly as my doctor told me you run the risk of your body getting used to duromine too quickly and not working.

Miss T said:
Good morning! I am due to go to the doctor in a weeks time. I am thinking of trying to get 40mg as I have been on the 30mg for going on 4 weeks and have only lost 5kg. My start weight was 76kg (been stuck there for years) I am now stuck on 71kg. I lost 3.7 in my first week, and 1.3 over the next 2 weeks. So I am feeling like the 30mg is not strong enough for me, as i am also feeling no side effects etc. Hope this week is going to make a difference. Good Luck
Hi,
your weight loss will go faster if you add exercises believe me. Your body needs to waste the calories somehow, but if you do the same routine as usually only taking the pills, of course your weight loss stops. Try it, force yourself, as for 40mg - no rush to increase the dose, you can always do that later.

Thanks Kate, I am cycling every evening for around 30 min. I will try push for a bit longer. I will let you know how it goes... Thanks again

Miss T said:

Hey Miss T

I changed to 40mg this week, I'm on day 6. My appetite has reduced again but still no more weight loss since week 1, I am on week 5 now.
I am back at the gym and have cut my portions. Going to make an appointment at dr to see if there is something else causing me to not lose weight (although I have had millions of tests in the past already) all revealed nothing.
The only difference I noticed from going up to 40mg was I got the dry mouth again & am not as hungry which is good, otherwise no other side effects. I'd say give it a try and it may help

hi, i think i need to follow in your steps and up to 40mg and push harder with exercise. IT HAS GOT TO BUDGE! Im just taking one day at a time and giving it my best.

Hi All,
I've been told (by doc and health care manager), that in the beginning of using duromine, you will lose weight rapidly then almost always hit a plateau, but not to fear, you will begin to lose the weight again after a lil while (could be a week or two). If youv been using duromine for a while and have lost a fair amount of weight, and then you hit a plateau, this usually calls for a diet change and exercise routine change up. Also you will need to actually eat more (calorie increase), in order to burn more as the body has become accustomed to the new way of things and needs a new shake up to keep the ball rolling. Have a chat with your doc and see what they say. Hopefully iv passed on some helpful, and more importantly, correct, advise to help.

Reactions: Liabet and tarme
Thanks Misshell, that actually makes alot of sense to me. I have been weighing every second day since i saw the weight plateau, and I am glad to tell you that it has dropped (only by 100gr) but it has moved after a very stressful 2 weeks. So my start weight was 76kg and as of this morning i am currently on 70.9. Even such a small loss is a huge deal right now and loosing 5.1kg in 5 weeks is a good effort.

Reactions: Liabet
Hi Miss T, the kgs youv lost in the 5 weeks is really good, as you arent at a really big size and the smaller you are/get, the harder it is to shed the weight. I also went through a 2 week plateau were absolutely nothing would budge either way. Frustrating!. But sure enough it started to move again and the weight continued to come off. Also we replace fat with muscle when we exercise and as we know, muscle weighs more, so sometimes we are actually decreasing in size but not in numbers on the scales. Thats why trainers use measurements to track weight loss. Keep up the good work!, your getting around the healthy weight range. :)

Reactions: Miss T
Ally Russell said:
Has anyone ever boosted their Duromine from 30mg to 40mg??
What was the outcome?
Why did you change?
Tell me everything.....lol

Hi Ally,

Did you end up boosting?

I will finish my first months worth of tablets this weekend and will book to go back and see the doc.

Firstly hoping he'll give me another script as so far doing well ^_^ but a lot more to loose.

Wondering if 40 mgs is something I should consider.

I am on 30mg and it is not working for me at all. 16 days and only 2kgs loss is insane for what i'm consuming and how much i'm exercising - let alone the $60 worth of tablets it's taken for the 'effort'! Just back from the Dr and he thinks that 2kgs is great - I'm underwhelmed and feel like with what I'm doing that was probably achievable without drugs.

Hoping to go from 30mg to 40 mg for my next prescription (month 2). Has anyone had experience with this? i.e.: 30mg not really working and then moving on to 40mg and getting results/same/no real effects?

Any information appreciated!

Can't help with the increased dose question but can certainly relate to your frustrations! I've been losing about 1 kg a week and I am eating like a good girl and exercising like there's no tomorrow. I've been doing 6-8 group fitness classes a week (step, pump, attack) and Lite n Easy with no sneaky lollies or chocs and feel a bit ripped off! It's great to hear about others losing 3 or 4kg a week, but why can't we all do that? All I can tell myself is weight loss is weight loss and keep plugging along. I've lost 4kg in total now and I'm feeling better about myself, so that's a bonus, right? Keep us up to speed on how the 40mg goes and if it makes much difference.

Thats great LollyTerror! Yeah, It's quite perplexing when you're dong ALL the right things and it's taking so long. Fine, when you're doing it alone, but using Duromine you expect at least some help. Reading about the 3-7kgs in a week doesn't help sometimes. But this is a great support network here in the forum. Stay in contact and let me know how you go! :)