• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Anyone Had Success After Duromine?

RoseRusso

RoseRusso

Standard Member
Apr 18, 2014
Airlie Beach, Queensland
Hi,

I started taking Duromine 30mg tablets 4 days ago, and have already lost 2.5 kilos doing nothing!! I have a young baby and a 3yr old, my hubby works away, so getting out for a walk can be hard work.
I'm just worried with how fast it's coming off, it will go back on?

As it gets cooler (it's still 28/29 during the day here), I will walk when hubby is home..and maybe get a treadmill...

Any advice/experience would be awesome!!
What did you lose, and how long did it take?

Reactions: JennyGordonii
I believe that the only way the weight would come back on is if we go back to the same habits we had before we lost weight. A new HEALTHY lifestyle created while on Duromine and continuing with it means the weight will stay off. We don't get fat again unless we start overeating again and not doing any exercise. That's how I look at it.

I was on duromine for two weeks lost 2.5 kg and got really sick at the end of two weeks with no energy and loss of iron. Stopped duromine and slowly got better. Put back 1.5 kg within the week and the urge i got while on duromine to walk on the treadmill just dissappeared. My eating hbits are not bad . So to answer yor question yes it comes back on. I was told that if the police stop you for a random drug test you could get busted and i got scared about that too. I need my licence for my work. No use being skinny and jobless with a drug record.

Reactions: JennyGordonii
Those first few kilos that you lose quickly is just water retention and will fluctuate back on if you stop your dieting. After about a week you will begin to lose the actual body fat. You can still lose weight not doing an exercise routine if your diet is strict and your meals a small and regulated. The weight will come off with the everyday things you do, such as house work, etc. Obviously it will be more effective to exercise.

Nearly everyones weight loss will eventually plateau. But keep up the good work as it will continue to drop off after a week or two. If not, change up your diet or exercise routine (if you have one). The body is clever and easily adapts to new diets/routines, therefore the metabolism becomes lazy again and will need a change up to jump start it again. Duromine is designed to trick the brain into feeling full and energized, making you very active and using alot of the bodies energy that is provided by food, drink and nutrients.

Without an appropriate dietary intake your body is gonna have all that activity, but no source of energy to back it up and that results in feelings of dizziness, spaced out and being light headed (doesnt feel great!). As for putting the weight back on after finishing the duromine treatment, this wont happen if the fat and junk isnt getting put back into the body. And whatever unhealthy foods that do will need to be exercised off. I do believe that it is easier to put the weight back on for duromine users as the metabolism is effected and slowed by the drastic change of food intake.

Be vigilant and strict with sticking to good healthy foods in a balanced diet and you will not put the weight back on. Fat wont just create itself in your body when you stop taking the tablet. As for my story, my starting weight was 97.7kg, was put on 30mg. Currently on day 72 and weight is now 81.0. First 2 months I was VERY strict with my diet and was very active. Have since relaxed a bit with my diet but remain very active. I'm also only eating 1 or 2 small meals/snacks a day (not intentionally). Truly cannot eat sometimes or I am so busy that the day goes without me remembering to eat or I simply don't have the time to.

My body is paying for it though as I am now under nourished and anemic, often feeling drained and light headed. Most days i do well over the recommended 40, 000 steps and by the end of the day now im starting to feel very drained and going from sitting to standing feels like iv just blown up ten ballons in a row. Will need iron supplements now. Im still happy with the outcome though as I've gone from size 18-20 to size 16. Cant say iv had any terrible side effects. I only get cranky from lack of sleep some nights and slightly irritable if im really worn out but it hasnt thrown my brains chemical balance off.

To be honest, I think it has actually leveled me out a bit!. Well, enjoy an organised and clean house as you'll probably find yourself wanting to sort through things and constantly tidy up while your on these tablets :).
Live and be well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duromine gives you 3 months to change you habits and assists weightloss. If you continue to eat the way you did, before Duromine then unfortunately expect to gain back your weight plus more. If you are not eating regulary 4-5 meals per day (small meals/grazing) then you are not fueling your body which starves your body which means your metabolism is not going to be efficient and sluggish, plus any fat you do eat the body will hang onto it because you've put into starvation mode, thats the biggest mistake most people do. Duromine will not make you hungry (in most cases) so it is important to make yourself eat.

Definately find time to exercise, it boosts your metabolism and burns calories (the old saying calories in V's calories out). Remember, we are human, we can easily convince ourselves not to exercise and just as easliy justify why we don't, then all of a sudden, BOOM! we are back at the same Pity Party asking what went wrong. Ask yourself, do you really need your husband to help you walk with you during the day? For me personally I had awesome excuses for not training, I could convince myself why not to train but cried poor everytime I put on weight. Only you can have that Brain Snap and say "enough is enough."

Good luck with this stage/phase of your journey, and if you get to your goal weight within the course of using Duromine then I wish you all the best with maintaining it. Rock on, stay fab :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read a lot of post where people have put back on all the weight plus more after they went off duromine, some have also admitted that's because they didn't eat while on duromine. Plus my sister just told me the same story about her friend, she went off them and put back on 3 times the amount she lost and ended up having weight loss surgery and her stomach cut in half. Is there anyone out there that is off duromine and continued to keep it off?? Very worried!

Hi, SleepInTheGarden

Yes, I did have a positive experience with / after Duromine. After I achieved my desired goal weight (about 2 years in general), I continued my regime, changed nothing. All was fine for couple of months, but then I made a great mistake and relaxed (start eating stuff I promised myself not to eat ever again, was lazy with my exercises, etc.). And surprise surprise - I gained +/-5kg in two months!

So, obviously, the whole thing about successful weight loss and maintenance - is to eat properly and move, move, move. When people say that they gained weight after Duromine therapy, they just forget to mention one tiny, but important thing - they return to old habits. You are right that probably those people were not eating enough while on the pills and did not teach their bodies to eat small amounts of food but frequently. But only this method ensures you a stable body weight for long time.

It is obvious for me that if you go back to the lifestyle that made you overweight, you will end up even more overweight after the therapy very soon. Unfortunately our modern lifestyle, food that surrounds us, alcohol all that makes us overweight. It IS difficult to change the traditions our parents taught us, but it is necessary to do if we want to have a healthy body. If you want to stay slim forever, you should stick to that diet plan and exercises that you had while on Duromine (and that gave you the desired result) - forever as well. Plain and simple. No excuses. Especially if your parents were overweight and you are "prone" to have extra weight.

All in all, it is your choice - to cut out bad foods once and for all, or to pamper your body and accept the fact that your body weight will be fluctuating all the time. Nobody said it would be easy.

If you have any questions, please ask and I will gladly reply;)

Kate said:
Hi, SleepInTheGarden

Yes, I did have a positive experience with / after Duromine. After I achieved my desired goal weight (about 2 years in general), I continued my regime, changed nothing. All was fine for couple of months, but then I made a great mistake and relaxed (start eating stuff I promised myself not to eat ever again, was lazy with my exercises, etc.). And surprise surprise - I gained +/-5kg in two months!

So, obviously, the whole thing about successful weight loss and maintenance - is to eat properly and move, move, move. When people say that they gained weight after Duromine therapy, they just forget to mention one tiny, but important thing - they return to old habits. You are right that probably those people were not eating enough while on the pills and did not teach their bodies to eat small amounts of food but frequently. But only this method ensures you a stable body weight for long time.

It is obvious for me that if you go back to the lifestyle that made you overweight, you will end up even more overweight after the therapy very soon. Unfortunately our modern lifestyle, food that surrounds us, alcohol all that makes us overweight. It IS difficult to change the traditions our parents taught us, but it is necessary to do if we want to have a healthy body. If you want to stay slim forever, you should stick to that diet plan and exercises that you had while on Duromine (and that gave you the desired result) - forever as well. Plain and simple. No excuses. Especially if your parents were overweight and you are "prone" to have extra weight.

All in all, it is your choice - to cut out bad foods once and for all, or to pamper your body and accept the fact that your body weight will be fluctuating all the time. Nobody said it would be easy.

If you have any questions, please ask and I will gladly reply;)
Thanks for replying! Well done on keeping it off, how long were you on duromine and how much did you lose in the time you were on it and how much overall in the two years

I got very worried when I ran out of Duromine for a few weeks but stuck to my healthy habits and did not gain anything. When I got D again I decided to stay off it for another 2 weeks and only gained 1kg in total. I am going to continue with D for another 3 months and then stop. I realize that the moment I go back to my old habits I will gain all the weight and some more. For me it is a lifestyle change. Just had to find the one that suits me best but I think I am there now.
I have heard of good supplements you can use to maintain your weights. Not pharmaceuticals or anything illegal, but apparently it works very well.

Reactions: Kate
SleepInTheGarden said:
Thanks for replying! Well done on keeping it off, how long were you on duromine and how much did you lose in the time you were on it and how much overall in the two years

Hm... I was taking Duromine for three months (as prescribed, first month 15mg, then 30mg). After that I took a break for two months as my GP was worried I could gain. In total - I used the pills for a year and during the second year I was struggling with myself to keep it stable. I agree with Tania J - there are supplements that can help to maintain the weight loss, but it is individual.

So, I started with 137kg (height 170cm).
I managed to lose +/-72kg in two years.
Now I am in my comfortable +/-65kg, but I can put on 1kg or lose depending on the season.
I can't tell you exactly how much I lost during the first six months, must check my old records)))...Something about half of my total loss. But the greatest and fastest loss was during the first few months for sure.

The funniest thing is that I convinced my husband to join me. Recently we have bought new bicycles and we ride a lot so I don't need extreme exercise routine anymore. Like I said, it is individual and everybody should find his or her own way to keep stable weight and healthy body.

Have a great loss and remember: life changes are not that scary as they seem.

Hi I went on d last year for 2 months and lost 12 kilos then I lost a few more myself. I have been off d since last May. I started at 76 kilos (5"8) and this year I've focused on my fitness. I'm now between 62s/63s kilos . I jog most days and love it!!!!
I chose 15mls as I don't like feeling weird and I wanted to still feel a bit hungry.
I loved d as it allowed me the will power to get off sugar and change my dietary lifestyle with out the cravings. If people don't change what they eat then they will just go back to their weight when they stopping using d. Please see my pics for before and after. I can't be any more thankful for this amazing drug that has changed my life and given me back something I thought was gone forever.

Everyone has done so well! I hope I can follow in your foot steps :)

SleepInTheGarden said:
I've read a lot of post where people have put back on all the weight plus more after they went off duromine, some have also admitted that's because they didn't eat while on duromine. Plus my sister just told me the same story about her friend, she went off them and put back on 3 times the amount she lost and ended up having weight loss surgery and her stomach cut in half. Is there anyone out there that is off duromine and continued to keep it off?? Very worried!
Hi there, I was on duromine back in 2009, I was 86kg and went down to 64kg and managed to keep the weight off until 2014 when I fell pregnant. In that time I gained only a few kilos but yoyo'd between 64-69 kg so I can honestly say that duromine worked for me.
However after falling pregnant in December 2014 I gained a massive 30kg - then lost some weight while breastfeeding. Now that I'm finished I've restarted duromine 30mg and have gone from 93 to 89 in my first week.... Hopefully this weight loss continues, I'll post my progress again when I've been on them for a month.
Stick to them, and when finishing on the higher dose ask your doctor for 15mg tablets and take them only twice a week or every other day to help you maintain your weight until your comfortable to go it on your own. Good luck!

Wow! You guys are amazing. This makes me feel a lot better knowing it is possible! Thank you all so much & keep up the awesome work!!

Reactions: IamPeaches
Anyone come off duromine and was able to maintain weight or continue to lose weight?

On my last month now and am determined to lose an addition 5kg after coming off duromine

Thanks!

Hey, Taylor.
There's nothing hard to maintain the weight loss after finishing Duromine. I personally used Duromine years ago and managed to lose quite a bunch of excess weight. My daily routine was intense, I was dieting, exercising etc...so at first I was scared to keep going without the pills, my main concern was cravings. But you know what? After a year and a half of using the pills, my body actually got used to a new regimen. I changed everything in my diet, cut off all the junk foods and got used to my new meals. I had to remind myself though to exercise like I did before and drink the same amount of water every day.

I even started to take glucosamine pills for my joints and some vitamins (instead of Duromine) so that my body was thinking I am still on pills. It worked. It's all in your mind actually. If you switch one pill to another you can trick your body for a while and your cravings won't go back.It is just some of my tips for you. Do not change anything in your daily routine after you finish taking Duromine pills, so that your body keep losing weight further. Remember: Duromine is a temporary solution, but diet and exercise are not. You have to continue doing all that if you want to lose more weight or maintain the achieved results. But if you go back to your old eating habits and zero physical activity, then of cource the numbers on your scales will increase. Hope it helps you in some way! Wish you luck and strong willpower my dear ;)

P.S.: Don't worry, you can do it!

I have come off duromine for a month here and there. My only advice is that when off duromine... it can be confusing when you get hungry because you havent felt it for ao long you feel starrrrrrrving when in reality it is just a tiny little gurgle telling you its lunch time... and becuse you havent felt it in so long it feels more intense. After about a week i grew more familiar with the feeling and it was no longer the intense hunger i felt at first. If that makes sense haha

i went to the dietitian today and she's scared me senseless about coming off the pills. She said she has never met anyone that has not regained the weight. Do you have any tips to be prepared? I'm only in my first month.... im considering dropping down to 15 mg so its not as difficult to come off further down the track... slow down the weightless a little so mentally, loosing smaller numbers seems "right" in my head by the time i finished? i dunno. or do a month on and a month off so i need to continue the diet and exercise to loose the weight over the longer period and train my mind over a longer period of time

faaaar out.... shes really made me anxious about it

I have only started using Duromine but I am already panicked I will gain the weight back after stopping the tablets

Has anyone found that they gained after finishing ?